User Tag List

Thread: EBay motor mount woes

1. Default EBay motor mount woes

Ass the new owner of a 2006 MPS I noticed the right motor mount, RMM, was stuffed. A very easy way to check is to just feel the bottom of the mount body, if you can feel the rubber diaphragm protruding, it's buggered.

Anyway, I ordered a set of Febest mounts from eBay as cheap replacements until I decide how to fab up my own. The RMM fitted fine and dropped right into place, went to the LMM and found that the center shaft is 10mm too long and the bottom bracket had been welded on backwards making bolt hole alignment impossible. Emailed Febest and they are going to mail out a replacement and have covered postage for return of defective mount. Today I tackled the Rear mount only to find once I removed the OEM part that the replacement part again had the shaft 10mm too long. The shaft that runs through the large end of the 'dog bone' was the problem. Will email febest about this and hopefully get the same service as the LMM.

Has anyone else ran febest mounts and did you experience any problems?

Mike

Just get a reputable brand (corksport, cp-e, JBR, cobb, dammond) in the Good Friday sales, support a proper developer, and get an item that fits. Or if you must make one yourself, just put up a WTB thread for a stocker to last you till you do.

3. Default

colloquially RMM = Rear motor mount. And no, febest probably stock 3rd party OEM replicas , you may have recieved NA mounts.

^^ this.

Febest only really make mounts for the regular models. Even though the mounts look the same there are differences between the part numbers febest say matches OEM 6s and what is needed for the MPS.

I looked into this ages ago thinking that I'd just keep buying cheap mounts when the collapsed but looking at the part numbers I wasn't super satisfied with the match and went with something out of the US

If you decide to go with a different brand rear engine mount I have a used cpe that I want to sell if you are interested.