User Tag List

Thread: Rpw?

1. Default Rpw?

Came across these guys in an old thread...They used to be site vendors?
    Anyway i was surprised to discover they seem to do MPS tuning in Perth; Mazda MPS 3
    But the timeline of stage 1,2 etc is not what im used to.. Ive only been looking into tuning my MPS for the last couple weeks but even so...they dont talk about a HPFP at all...although it would clearly be required at stage 3 and prob even stage 2, and just in general its not in line with what ive seen.

I was gonna do SRI+TIP for now, then pick up an Acessport over the next few months and do either part or full exhaust,HPFP and tune down the track.... Id love to be able to use a local tuning place and benefit from their experience, maybe avoid buying the accessport and use a piggyback solution, and have the car tuned by someone local for local conditions...

There is nobody in Perth that can tune a MPS... At least no one with experience. Best to tune via etune.

HPFP is required as early as possible... Ideally you should have it before you put your AP on

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by spooon View Post
    There is nobody in Perth that can tune a MPS... At least no one with experience. Best to tune via etune.
    You speak with such conviction and live in Perth so im inclined to just beleive you... They (rpw) have a few dyno graphs of modded MPSs from 2011/12 so they evidently have laid spanner on the car, but even to me(nub) the charts dont look like nice clean power curves...(which they should be....right?)
    Last edited by rocker21; 17-11-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Speak to Mao at EVolution R. I spoke to hone a month ago and he has done a few Cobb tunes.

Otherwise E-Tune is your next step.
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 17-11-2014 at 10:40 PM.

RPW use mazedit as their tuning software which is a different tuning setup to the Cobb AP which is the most popular tuning tool about.

Not that RPW are bad, far from it and kodos for them getting involved, its just there is better tuning platforms around. There is also Ramp Auto Group... A lot of members have had work done there including some turbo swaps. They do a lot of work on direction injection cars particularly BMWs, all reports so far are good.

There's also nothing stopping you from getting a workshop to work with a e tuner to come up with a solution too. The shop can dyno the car and work with the etuner to finalise the tune. It won't be the cheapest way but should be reliable.

I would also recommend checking out versatuner as an alternative to the AP, it runs via a computer/laptop and in theory is a little more versatile than the AP. Also a little better value for money.

I had my gen 2 tuned by RPW with ECUTEC and they have done a few others recently. My power runs are on their Facebook page. Happy to take you for a run to see what you think.

I did what spoon said. Stratified for Versatune tuning bundle about $800 and three hours on a local dyno for $465. All map revisions done and two different fuel maps finalised in one day.

I can also speak highly of an e-tune with Stratified. Even with only an intake, TIP and HPFP upgrade I achieved a great result after tuning with them.