User Tag List

Thread: Headlight ?Seal leak

Default Headlight ?Seal leak

Hi, new to the forums and seeking for advice/help on my BL Mazda 3 MPS 2010 right side headlight (driver side). Problem, blown blub and soaked HID module from a unnoticeable leak in the headlight shell (only noticed condensation on the headlight) Everything else works like signal light and parker light. I've got a new blub and module but haven't been able to find or fix the headlight shell. I live in western sydney (blacktown area) of NSW and wondering for those local, know a good wreckers for a second hand headlight shell, or repairers that can re-condition my headlight. Instead of buying a brand new 1-2k headlight from mazda dealers.

Would appreciate any leads!

Relgin

Might get it under warranty... Have you tried?

Else, formaz...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Might get it under warranty... Have you tried?

Else, formaz...
    Out of warranty unfortunately

What have you done to try to fix it? I know a few people have opened theirs up and re-glued it (with the help of an oven), so you might be able to fix it with heat and perhaps additional glue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    What have you done to try to fix it? I know a few people have opened theirs up and re-glued it (with the help of an oven), so you might be able to fix it with heat and perhaps additional glue?
    Well just got a new bulb and module. Been looking around for a place that could do that. i'd probably make it worse if I did myself. Do you happen to know the process? Or what it's called?