User Tag List

Thread: Machining own parts ?

1. Default Machining own parts ?

As I have mentioned in an earlier thread, i think my RHS and even rear engine mouts are stuffed. I have ordered some cheapy ones online just to ensure I am back to spec.

Have been looking at the aftermarket mounts and must say they are not cheap... very pricey for my taste.

In my spare time I run a couple of lathes at home, a couple of mills and have a Tig and plasma cutter. Has anyone tried to machine their own parts for their MPS?

I do plan on having a look at my ols mounts when I replace them, get the dimensions all noted then have a go at reverse engineering.

Nolathene is easy to get hold of, if I want a really stiff setup I have a fair bit of Delrin laying around too. Also keen to have a look at the diff mount and maybe fabricate up my own using ideas from the aftermarket kits. I have a press as well so pushing in bushes will be easy enough.

One item that shocked me was the EGR block off plate at $30.00USD plus delivery. Surely people are making thier own for this price, has anyone done up any CAD drawings of parts ?

For WA blokes, I would be happy enough to machine up a part you may want if you have a CAD drawing or even a design on paper. Probaly cost you a few beers and maybe some help and advice for myself being a new MPS owner.

Mike

@mikemps6 there are a few others on the forum here that do a bit of fabrication here and there....you should get with them and start your own MPS shop!

Yea the aftermarket mounts are not cheap......same for everything you do with this car (almost).

good luck!
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????