User Tag List

Thread: New bloke in WA

1. Default New bloke in WA

Hello to all members on this site. I have been reading it with interest over the last 2 weeks, last weekend I bought a '06 MPS 6.

It is in liquid silver colour and has been de badged with black wheels and black painted sunroof panel.

Mods I have found are: Tial wastegate, Turbosmart BOV, Turbosmart e boost control, K&N pod filter, 3" exhaust, I think I have a 3" dump pipe. All this turbo stuff is very new to me.

I have had mostly v8 Holdens and still have kept my 80 series cruiser with the 6.5 L Chev motor. I did some looking for a new 'fun car', tried the Golf GTI but it frlt too small as I am 202 cm tall. I was introduced to the MPS from an online search and really liked what I saw.

So, I am still learning about all this new type of vehicle. Jeez, last month if someone talked about a 'wastegate' I would have thought they were talking politely about their arse !

Anyway, have been reading lots of info and getting familiar with the car, I adjusted the D2 shocks today, put then up by about 25mm.

I am completly new to the MPS fellers so I may ask some ridiculous questions, please have patience.....

Mike

Welcome! Ahh good to see another 6 in WA!

Tial waste gate???
    Damn, sounds like you have a seriously modded car

Welcome mate, post some pictures up of the car

Also, the e-boost controller has me worried that this was done by someone from the subie/evo world...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Also, the e-boost controller has me worried that this was done by someone from the subie/evo world...

Haha yea, not often you come across one with our cars!
    Anyway, welcome, good to see more mps6 owners to balance out all the 3's around here
    Happy modding!!
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

7. Default

Thanks for the welcome gents, appreciate it.

I have turned the e boost controller off as I am not 100% on it's operation as yet.

I have got an issue though and will post it in the tech section.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikemps6 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome gents, appreciate it.

I have turned the e boost controller off as I am not 100% on it's operation as yet.

I have got an issue though and will post it in the tech section.

Mike
    Post up a picture of the engine bay...
    More specifically the area behind the engine...

It sounds like there has been a lot of mods done
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Post up a picture of the engine bay...
    More specifically the area behind the engine...

It sounds like there has been a lot of mods done
    Pod filter would imply a sri or cai as well I reckon, does sound very heavily modified! Wonder if the mounts have been done, and more importantly the hpfp!
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....