User Tag List

Thread: DBA Rotors

Default DBA Rotors

Do any of your have DBA rotors on your cars?

I'm considering either the T2's, T3's or the older model T3's which are currently a great price being that they have been superseeded?

I wont be using the car for drags or racing, seems the T3's are a bit of overkill.

Would the older model T3's outperform the T2's?

i think i have slotted RDA ... pretty good ... but bought the car with them so cant comment much lol... need new ones soon...

Hey mate. Lots of people have both. Many have T3 front, T2 rear.
    For the street you probably won't notice a difference either way unless you are flogging your car hard enough to cook the brakes. Pads will make an actual difference in grip and fell at street temperatures, as will braided brake lines.

Cheer guys.

The reason I ask is a performance place in Melb has the older model T3's, still slotted but not the latest model with curved slots. They are $260 cheaper in total for 4 than the latest model. Surely I wouldnt notice the difference between them and the current model T3's would I?

I don't think you would notice the difference. I have T2 slotted I think. Reality is you only notice improvements in your braking system with sustained hard use. In day to day driving you never use their full capability.

No you wouldn't. Rotors are heat sinks. They absorb heat from the pads and dissipate it to the air. So you will only notice a difference if you were getting them hot enough to overheat the old T3s on the street (at which point you would want to upgrade the fluid, lines an pads to control temp before new rotors). Get whatever is cheapest/you like the look of, and then do some research on good pads (remsa are a good start).

P.s. @MPS6Melb not sure how much they are asking, but if the difference is $260 I imagine it's a fair bit. You can hit up gslrallysport (vendor on here) who can probably do you a good deal (their website has the new ones for c.$700 with free shipping).

thanks guys, the previous model new T3's are $423 total for all 4 rotors. Seems a good buy.

That does. If you need new rotors then sounds good