User Tag List

Thread: Sqeaky Noise In Rear ?

Question Sqeaky Noise In Rear ?

Ok when i am parked with engine not running u can bounce up and down in your seat and a squeak comes from the rear suspension ??? Would this be linked to anything bad...? i only noticed it on the weekend. It cant be heard that i have noticed while driving or cornering, and no other noises seem to be happening...

and also for the record don't ask why the car was parked ... not running... or why there was bouncing in any of the seats...

BLACK 06 MPS3 - HKS SRi/K&N - SU REM - TWM STS & Bushings - Custom MP

im still squeaking ?? has anyone else got this or did i ask a stupid question which everyone have a meeting and decided not to answer ?? ha

Blog Entries

As far as I know its a common Mazda 3 problem, be it MPS or not. Mine does it every now and again, I have heard a few opinions of what it is, suspensions, springs, sways but I haven't found a 100% correct answer.

I had squeaking issues that I thought were from the suspension until I worked out it was from the exhaust donut squeezed between the two flanges.

Is it DEFINITELY the rear suspension?

pretty sure im getting squeeking from the rear suspension or somewhere aswell, and i swear it started after my service i just had.. wtf...

Maybe try a bit of lube.......on the rear sway bar bush.

I've got the same PaulG, mainly when I reverse down the driveway and go over the kerb to the street - the off-set angle of the car seems to make a difference to mine.

Hope that made sense...

I also get a squeak from the rear, when going of bumpy sections of road and speed bumps, but only when some one is sitting in the back. Have not been able to pin point it, but it is quite loud.

Is your handbrake on when your getting the squeak ? Try releasing it and see if the squeak is still there.