User Tag List

Thread: Another new MPS 6 owner!

Default Another new MPS 6 owner!

Hi everyone!

Picked up an MPS 6 back in February, and have found myself on here almost daily since - such a great wealth of information! Figured I'd sign up and try to contribute a bit myself since these forums have already helped assist me.

Car was basically bone stock when I bought it, but soon after the upgrade bug hit me - replaced the Bose front speakers, installed a boost gauge in the A/C vent, new JBR short shift plate, shift weight, bushings & knob. Accessport arrived a few weeks ago, and a Corksport SRI & TIH are on their way to me, with a RMM sitting here waiting to go in too! Wheels & suspension next I think..

Also performed the clutch adjustment to get it sitting at a more comfortable height - huge improvement! Have noticed that the clutch pedal occasionally seems to get 'stuck' in a bit though? Not even to the point of disengagement, but enough to prevent cruise control from engaging. And even more occasionally the clutch will be in a depressed position upon starting the car - have to kick it back up, but then it's all good?

Huge upgrade compared to my old Pulsar, love the car so far!

Pics later maybe, she needs a bit of a wash right now!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
    Hi everyone!

Picked up an MPS 6 back in February, and have found myself on here almost daily since - such a great wealth of information! Figured I'd sign up and try to contribute a bit myself since these forums have already helped assist me.

Car was basically bone stock when I bought it, but soon after the upgrade bug hit me - replaced the Bose front speakers, installed a boost gauge in the A/C vent, new JBR short shift plate, shift weight, bushings & knob. Accessport arrived a few weeks ago, and a Corksport SRI & TIH are on their way to me, with a RMM sitting here waiting to go in too! Wheels & suspension next I think..

Also performed the clutch adjustment to get it sitting at a more comfortable height - huge improvement! Have noticed that the clutch pedal occasionally seems to get 'stuck' in a bit though? Not even to the point of disengagement, but enough to prevent cruise control from engaging. And even more occasionally the clutch will be in a depressed position upon starting the car - have to kick it back up, but then it's all good?

Huge upgrade compared to my old Pulsar, love the car so far!

Pics later maybe, she needs a bit of a wash right now!
    Welcome mate, congrats on the MPS they are great cars!! (are you comparing against a pulsar GTIR?)
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Mspec View Post
    Welcome mate, congrats on the MPS they are great cars!! (are you comparing against a pulsar GTIR?)
    Cheers mate! Not even - just your typical N15 SSS - unfair comparison I suppose, but it shows how big an upgrade it was for me. GTIR would've been fun though!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
    Cheers mate! Not even - just your typical N15 SSS - unfair comparison I suppose, but it shows how big an upgrade it was for me. GTIR would've been fun though!
    Fair enough, an old friend of mine still has his gtir lots of work done! great car but getting a wee bit on the retired side lol.
    Corksport SRI// Corksport TIP// Race Pipe//​ Turbosmart BPV// Resonator Delete// JBR 80a RMM// Autotech HPFP// Cobb AP V3// HDI GT2 FMIC// ​NGK LTR7IX-11// Simota 360* Filter// Eonon GM5151-With Back Up Cam// ​RaydTuned

A ton of us here are ex pulsar owners! Welcome and enjoy.