User Tag List

Thread: Newbie

Default Newbie

Hello all, have stalked this site for a while for ideas so thought I should introduce my self and my car. So have a 2011 mps 3 with a low 27,000 Kim's.
    with the following mods:

corksport front mount intercooler with a top mount filter in the old intercooler spot.
    Dump pipe and high flow cat
    gfb blow off valve
    and a ECUTEC tune
    all up on a hub dyno it made 290 hp/atw and 315nm
    very happy with it and is a fun car to drive. Doing the suspension and wheels soon followed by a BNR 3 turbo and then will catch my breath I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	877.2 KB 
ID:	16906   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	128 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	16907   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	140 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	16908  

Welcome
    Strongly suggest a hpfp upgrade! Helps keep engine happy!
    Who did the tune? That seems like very stock like torque numbers...

Whoops forgot to add that! Have a Autotech fuel pump as we'll. RPW in Perth did the tune, the graph is up on their website. Pretty happy with the way the power comes on, but haven't been in another modded mps to compare so can only go off what it felt like stock.
    Last edited by Russ; 22-10-2014 at 05:13 PM.

I like that air filter up top, whats the risk of sucking through water when its pissing down with rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Whoops forgot to add that! Have a Autotech fuel pump as we'll. RPW in Perth did the tune, the graph is up on their website. Pretty happy with the way the power comes on, but haven't been in another modded mps to compare so can only go off what it felt like stock.
    cant see yours there... but looks like they do ftlb rather than NM in their dyno graphs... so, it's about 420NM
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I spoke with the Corksport guys about taking water in through the filter set up and they more or less said unless your planning creek crossings you will be fine. I have checked the filter out when I got home after driving through some brutal rain and no moisture at all. Plus living in Perth it doesn't rain to much. I just liked the idea to utilise what Mazda had engineered as far as air flow in that area.

Welcome!

How did you find RPW?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I spoke with the Corksport guys about taking water in through the filter set up and they more or less said unless your planning creek crossings you will be fine. I have checked the filter out when I got home after driving through some brutal rain and no moisture at all. Plus living in Perth it doesn't rain to much. I just liked the idea to utilise what Mazda had engineered as far as air flow in that area.
    Fair enough, I like it. If your intercooler pipes were painted black it would be super stealth.

I did think about painting the pipework, but am happy with how it's turned out. I was pretty happy with RPW, their strong point isn't organisation but their workmanship and tuning I was very happy with. They er on the side of caution with tuning and are never out to claim horsepower awards, although I am looking forward to get he BNR 3 on to squeeze some more grunt out. It was a hard call over here in Perth finding someone that had experience with our platform, although it looks to be changing.

Ramp Auto Group have had a few members in for Turbo swaps. They're more of BMW shop but they seem to understand the whole direct injection set-up better than anyone in Perth so far. They'd would be worth a look.

The other thing that I am 100% keen on for being a Perth MPS owner is methanol injection. It just makes so much sense of the uber hot summer months.