User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xede

1. Default Xede

Hey Guys,

I just need a bit of help, im wanting to install the Xede management system but what i want to know is will it be ok with just my stock ECU, or would it be better to upgrade that aswell, can anybody help??

You cant upgrade the stock ECU at this stage, this is where the Xede works, synergistically with the ECU.

The Xede is an interceptor, it alters the data from the engines sensors to the ECU, the ECU then sets its AFR, boost & timing values from these altered values and allows for more power when given to a competent tuner, if you give it to an incompetent tuner you will see parts of your engines internals fly across the floor.
    Depending on other mods you can typically expect to see 185-200+kw atw, it is also advisable to do the Xede as a last stage mod, as it will require retuning on a dyno everytime you change something on the car.

Where abouts are you?, there are a number of Chiptorque certified tuners Australia wide, but Im sure other members will advise you on good tuners based on their experiences.

Spot on Matt.

What he said ^^

Let us know how you go!

5. Default

Hey guys thanks for your input, Matt how long have you been running your Xede?? does it allow for Manual boost control

Quote Originally Posted by MPS3Black View Post
    Hey guys thanks for your input, Matt how long have you been running your Xede?? does it allow for Manual boost control
    It controls boost, so not sure why you would want manual control?

You would run two maps..
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Im not running an Xede.....besides my cars stock

8. Default

Sorry Matt, I just assumed hehe I read somewhere that you and Doc think that the Xede is the best, have you heard if anybody else is using anything else

^^ Im sure that was based on research for one day when the warranty runs out!
    There has been alot of success with the XEDE, main one being it was used in targa on the MPS3 that won its class!

You could try a CP-E Standback, that is probably the most popular tuning option in the U.S, but for me it all comes down to local support, as the Xede is produced locally, it has a great support network over here and there are many tuners that know the unit very well.
    The standback also has some excellent features and add on expandability over the Xede, but whether they are useful to your specific application is going to play a big factor in your purchasing decision, and seeing as dyno time isnt cheap you may be hit with extra tuning costs if the tuner is feeling his way around new software.

As far as the boost control question, the tuner will set the unit to intercept the MAP (boost pressure) signals and use those to set a predetermined boost level by altering the wastegate control (probably around 18psi), there is no need to change this setting once tuned as it could have adverse effects.

There is also the Haltec unit, but I dont know of anyone running one of these on the MPS3.

Yeah Matt as you said, apparently haltech have done some work with some early mps's and have an interceptor unit available.

The tuner I spoke to here in canberra are yet to fit any mps's though, so it's hard to know whether there are benefits being the first guinea pig or not !!

Guys,

Does the exede bring back the restriced factory boost in 1st and 2nd?
    Also I am stuck between hardware?software?hardware? software?
    After spending thounds and modding my Gti and trading next to nothing (in regards to mod value) I think I'll be condervative with the MPS3. I'll Definately upgrade springs and shocks, engine mount, air-intake but may not worry too much about exhaust, K04's etc....
    Is the exede alone without mods a value upgrade?

Cheers

If you've got a limited budget, I would go with hardware mods - DP/Intake top the bang for buck mods. ECU tuning is more useful once you've done a few hardware mods, especially given the cost. As Matt said, do the ECU modes last.

In my opinion if you are going down the tuning road, flash tuning is where you should look as opposed to interceptors. Coming from a GTI you probably already know that.

Quote Originally Posted by chipped View Post
    Guys,

Why would you want to? The only thing you will achieve is wheel spin which means you'll be going slower than you would if you left it alone.

Xede is available now, but if you can wait a bit longer, the versatuner guys have been making steady development progress over the last 18 months and their tuning product is almost ready. Providing you can find a tuner with the expertise to use it, this product will probably make other tuning solutions redundant overnight because of its greater capability.

VersaTuner by VersaTune

Gone to Volvo

Blog Entries

I've managed to get ChipTorque to sign up so they can answer some of your questions. Hopefully they can help

I've been following the Versatune for a while, it definately has potential for sure. The only thing that pulls me towards Cobb for example is the fact that they're an established company with a preexisting market. I would hate to thing that Versa could collapse at any time being that they're only two guys running it. But definately something to keep an eye on.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Ooh I see ChipTorque prowling around in this section
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

17. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kookie View Post
    Yeah Matt as you said, apparently haltech have done some work with some early mps's and have an interceptor unit available.

The tuner I spoke to here in canberra are yet to fit any mps's though, so it's hard to know whether there are benefits being the first guinea pig or not !!
    Hi it's Leah from ChipTorque here. I am new to this forum, but thought I could lend some advice on our products.

If you are interested in an XEDE and are in Canberra I can recommend you to Autotech Services in Hume. Phone 02 6280 5061. Eddie at Autotech Services is experienced with tuning the XEDE Processor.

Quote Originally Posted by chipped View Post
    Guys,

Also I am stuck between hardware?software?hardware? software?
    After spending thounds and modding my Gti and trading next to nothing (in regards to mod value) I think I'll be condervative with the MPS3. I'll Definately upgrade springs and shocks, engine mount, air-intake but may not worry too much about exhaust, K04's etc....
    Is the exede alone without mods a value upgrade?

Cheers
    As far as I can tell it still clips boost, but think of it as more of a percentage, than a real pressure figure, i.e 15.7 psi stock is clipped to around 12 psi in the lower gears, so roughly 75% of full boost.

If your tuner sets the Xede to hit an 18-19psi target, you should see around 14-15 in the lower gears, but peak boost isnt everything, the Xede will control the wastegate to hold boost all the way through the rev range (until the throttle plate closes), where the stock ECU program will only hold peak boost momentarily.
    But without a doubt the biggest benefit from the Xede is the timing & afr adjustments, THAT is where the power is made in these motors, not boost alone.

If you are after a bang for buck upgrade an Xede is about as good as it gets, but it will be costly if you add bits on later, as the Xede requires re-tuning around every major addition, i.e TBE exhaust, intake, intercooler.

I believe on a stock car, gains in order of 20-25 kw atw are normal, modded can see upward of 200 kw atw, with torque figures to boot.

As kmh mentioned you will be having traction issues, so you may then need to look at stickier, wider rubber, and some suspension mods to help channel some of that unbridled fury to the bitumen.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    If you are after a bang for buck upgrade an Xede is about as good as it gets
    That's a big call considering the benefit/price of an intake or a DP?
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    If you've got a limited budget, I would go with hardware mods - DP/Intake top the bang for buck mods. ECU tuning is more useful once you've done a few hardware mods, especially given the cost. As Matt said, do the ECU modes last.

In my opinion if you are going down the tuning road, flash tuning is where you should look as opposed to interceptors. Coming from a GTI you probably already know that.
    Yeah Flash tuning on the Gti...beautiful..so easy and effortless...This soldering in a unit, putting the car on a Dyno and actually tuning the vehicle sounds full on...and results may vary depending on whose tuning too?? Boost held for longer however sounds very inviting tho. Still best to get it breathing better first...thanks all..will keep researching.

Oh Leah Intune Performance are the Chiptorque tuners here in WA.
    I assume they are of good reputation?

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast