User Tag List

Thread: OTS Tune - What to choose with my mods so far

1. Default OTS Tune - What to choose with my mods so far

Hey guys, finally got all my mods installed and now looking at best OTS tune till I save up the coin for a custom tune.
    Current engine mods:
    - autotech hpfp
    - custom performance cai
    - custom performance tih
    - cpe stage 2 rear engine mount (boy is it noisier than stock but feels soo good)
    - 1 step colder plugs

I have been running stage 1 98 and it's been running well wondering if I can go stage 2 or better yet something leaning towards my intake. Stage 2 looks good but it keeps mentioning a dp or cat delete which I don't have would I still be able to run it and be safe?
    Looking forward to your suggestions
    Last edited by iwannagiv; 26-10-2014 at 03:08 PM.

Stage 1 for tih/cai is the best u can have. Without dp or racepipe, you cant use stage 2 safely. You can try to run it and observe all running data and see, but im sure the requirements there for a reason.

I'd try stratified or freektune S-OTS and let them decide whether you'd be better off with stage 1 or 2.

I'm using Stratified S-OTS atm and they'll give u either a stage 1 or 2 depending on the mods u have so u don't have to worry about what stage u need.

Can run stage 2 cause of hpfp
    Might get more boost on stage 1 tho due to higher wgdc

But, a s-ots from stratified or freek will be miles ahead of a Cobb map
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 26-10-2014 at 06:10 PM.

5. Default

At the moment I don't have the coin to pay stratified or any other tuners.. Having said that is there free options

If you can stretch your budget a tiny bit further and get a catless racepipe ($150 ish) then you can run S2 without issue.

Just wait till you have adequate funds - then get the proper tune. Stick with Stage 1 Cobb tunes for now to be safe
    Last edited by mech81; 27-10-2014 at 04:17 PM.