User Tag List

Thread: Contingency Program

1. Default Contingency Program

To my beloved Mazdaspeed folks,

Since our beginnings, we've had many people ask us to assist with their builds in the way of a sponsorship. We sincerely appreciate anyone who has considered us as someone they would like to work with to achieve the goals they have for their cars. I personally feel bad every time I tell someone we can't because I know how much these cars mean to the people that own them and the process that many go through to modify them. Sponsorship is not cheap for either party and we just can't afford to have a million sponsored drivers. We also don't like to trick them into thinking they are sponsored when they really aren't. For a long time, I've wondered how we can effectively make "sponsorship" a reality for those who deserve it.

We came up with an answer in the way of a contingency program and we think you guys will really enjoy it. The concept of the program is that we'll "sponsor" ANYONE who is willing to put in the time and effort into modifying their cars and perform what any sponsored driver must do in order to receive benefits. In other words, if you support us, then we'll support you. Plain and simple. It's a fool proof way for you to enjoy the benefits of sponsorship but you only benefit once you've put in the work and earned it.

We look forward to giving back to those who have chosen to work with us for their modification needs! Hopefully many of you can go out and have a lot of fun with this!

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the program. We'd be glad to assist!

-JP Alonso

We've created a nice flyer as a simple way to explain it but for the full rules and details of the program, you'll need to visit our site's contingency program page.

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    To my beloved Mazdaspeed folks,

Since our beginnings, we've had many people ask us to assist with their builds in the way of a sponsorship. We sincerely appreciate anyone who has considered us as someone they would like to work with to achieve the goals they have for their cars. I personally feel bad every time I tell someone we can't because I know how much these cars mean to the people that own them and the process that many go through to modify them. Sponsorship is not cheap for either party and we just can't afford to have a million sponsored drivers. We also don't like to trick them into thinking they are sponsored when they really aren't. For a long time, I've wondered how we can effectively make "sponsorship" a reality for those who deserve it.

We came up with an answer in the way of a contingency program and we think you guys will really enjoy it. The concept of the program is that we'll "sponsor" ANYONE who is willing to put in the time and effort into modifying their cars and perform what any sponsored driver must do in order to receive benefits. In other words, if you support us, then we'll support you. Plain and simple. It's a fool proof way for you to enjoy the benefits of sponsorship but you only benefit once you've put in the work and earned it.

We look forward to giving back to those who have chosen to work with us for their modification needs! Hopefully many of you can go out and have a lot of fun with this!

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the program. We'd be glad to assist!

-JP Alonso

We've created a nice flyer as a simple way to explain it but for the full rules and details of the program, you'll need to visit our site's contingency program page.

Track day warriors... @Reedy @Jamesa2z @ledfootrob @MissJody
    @mickos don't know if these guys can help you with parts...?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I think the only track day I've ever stood a chance of placing in the top 3 was RX-8 Nats... No chance of challenging for top 3 times when you have proper race cars show up at a CC day!

I come close to last. Does that count? Haha

5. Default

I take it you guys don't have a lot of 1/4mile tracks over there for drag racing?

Quote Originally Posted by EdgeAutosport.com View Post
    I take it you guys don't have a lot of 1/4mile tracks over there for drag racing?
    There's some... But most of the racers here are circuit races...

, we can't compete with America.........they have way more cars in competition than us. Most of our "Race" cars are daily driven...........

Nice thought none the less.

8. Default

Well good luck guys! If you can find your way to a 1/4 mile track and make a pass it might be worth it to you. You don't have to win anything with that, just run a certain time.

@2XS get on it

10. Default

We just had our first contingency claim! This is Steve's Mazdaspeed 3 from Texas, USA! We'll be sending him a check out this week!

I'd get involved, but I already have everything I need.
    I won't be buying any more parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I'd get involved, but I already have everything I need.
    I won't be buying any more parts.
    Think you'll get money back from purchases made previously

I read it as purchases made since the "plan" started.

buy the mods at discounted price.. put em up on ebay lol

15. Default

I read it as purchases made since the "plan" started.
    When did you get all your parts?

I just spent another $1100 USD on the Black Friday sales.
    Will that count?

17. Default

I just spent another $1100 USD on the Black Friday sales.
    Will that count?
    The contingency program only works with for parts purchased at regular prices. Depending on what you purchased, you may still be able to get some money back still though. The pay back will be calculated off the website price and then you will get the difference between that and the discount you already received.