User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

Anyway, other than all the replies with people who have their knickers in a knot before facts are available, the only real option is hpf in Dandenong

Well, I'd like to congratulate the ray fan club for coming in from mps torque to post and try to discredit me

And to the people who sent me PM's thanking me for posting this, I'm glad I could help

It's bed time for me, and I'll post up everything I have tomorrow... You can all take it as you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by Grymtek View Post
    Please Sam , tell me about ur self tune adventure and how you manipulated your VVT to get better spool up on a turbo of that size.

If you with such great knowledge can't answer a simple question for us noobs. Maybe you should rethink about writing someone else off who knows a lot more than you. And rethink tuning your own car.
    It's quite simple really, you add or subtract vvt and ignition timing to help the spool of the 3071...

It's actually possibly to get it to surge on our engines (did it once, bad day... Pressed the wrong number...)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    No you can't, you can't open a locked map...
    there you go... I could always see what ray was doing, hence nothing to hide

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Well, I'd like to congratulate the ray fan club for coming in from mps torque to post and try to discredit me

And to the people who sent me PM's thanking me for posting this, I'm glad I could help

It's bed time for me, and I'll post up everything I have tomorrow... You can all take it as you wish...

It's quite simple really, you add or subtract vvt and ignition timing to help the spool of the 3071...

It's actually possibly to get it to surge on our engines (did it once, bad day... Pressed the wrong number...)
    Sam you stuck your head out. All i will say about that!

This getting way out of hand

No idea what your problem with me is Sam, i have never spoken to you outside of this forum nor worked on your car, don't you have anything else better to do than to try and screw around a local tuner aiming to help out the community?

Anyway, here are some things that need to be addressed.

First off, I have never claimed to be the ultimate tuner, never compared to myself to "american tuners" or anything of that nature. I'm not out to get some sort of reputation. I'm not here to earn a living, I have a full time day job as a dentist as many of you know and am not out to make quick $.

Secondly; You made comment about what Luke posted in his lasted VirtualDyno. That post was a simply a progress shot, He was willing to test the boundaries of his HAND BUILT MPS. Despite running out of fuel, he knew what he was getting into, but ultimately moreso curious to see the effects of maintaining engine load on his setup through the higher RPM despite running out of fuelling headroom. Yes i delivered that map, yes i knew what was going to happen, yes luke ALSO knew what was going to happen, and he wanted to do it anyway to find the results and share it with you all.

Third; All custom maps essentially start from the OTS maps so i'm not sure what you are expecting to see... of course the base map resembles the OTS map but once closer to completion they are obviously different. Yes of course as time progressed the learning curve continued to evolve when exposed to various setups more and with this more tables change and various things get calibrated to finely tune these setups. But i have never simply made a standard "lightly modified" OTS map and passed it onto any customer? are you kidding?

Fourth; We all know turbo cars make more power in winter due to denser air - You keep referring to me having to retune in winter? what was your point in saying that exactly? a customer needed a retune/touch up for winter? So? Are you under the assumption that i gave out a winter tune and a summer tune? if you knew the history of that one particular customers car you would know that his whole GTX3071 tune was done in the summer of 2013, which was particularly hot. I simply said to him that since we had no cold datalogs in that season we will finish the tune once colder ambients came back around, so once winter came that datalog was captured the tune was revised to self calibrate via ECU BEC (fine and course tables) to suit the wide range of Australian temps. Yes its the same tune, Yes its driven on that same tune all year around in all ambients, No there are no issues with overboosting etc. And before you try and throw your further 2c in; Yes it could have been Load tuned however the customer chose a boost tune anyway when presented with both options. Again, that car is a GTX3071 powered Gen 2 with methanol injection running big power and has never had any issues btw.

As others have mentioned, what experience have you had in tuning or even building engines? If you had any experience with tuning you would know that the OTS maps are fine to start off from for anyone with OEM EBCS and OEM turbo, however EVERYONE with a 3port EBCS and/or BT ALWAYS gets a customised base map.
    And Yes OTS maps have their weaknesses but i quickly address these as the map revisions progress with the evolution of the etune - Out of Curiosity which weaknesses are you referring to?

Knock table offset? fixed.
    Global Max retard? fixed
    Shift tables? Fixed
    Closed loop exit delay? Fixed
    Fuelling tables? Fixed
    Octane reduction tables? Fixed
    Decay magnitude tables? Fixed
    Timing limit vs BAT vs ECY tables? Fixed
    Knock retard RPM limit? Fixed
    CL/OP latency? fixed
    Load target high RPM? FIxed
    Load target high comp? Fixed
    BEC tables fine and course modified to suit and fix any issues if cold vs hot.
    LEC tables are only populated in a load/ hybrid tune btw and yes they are obviously filled out when i run load tuning.
    HPFP tables? (which i diagnosed and fixed on my own)? Fixed
    DBW and Throttle changes are to what ever the customer likes, hence custom tuned
    List goes on.

Anyone else who has self tuned their MPS from scratch feel free to chime in. (incase anyone was wondering, at this time despite his best effort this does not include you SarcasticOne aka Sam Green. once you do your e85 tune feel free to join the club) Oh and before you continue on with your "american tuner's don't do this" - i was ORIGINALLY STRATIFIED TUNED in 2012 and yes Sam, even he asked me for my OTS map at the beginning of the tuning process. I then took the tuning into my own hands shortly after.

if anyone else on here has tuned their own MPS feel free to speak up on that i encourage.

My next comment:
    I don't know who's map you have, what mods they had, or what stage of tune they are running - but your basing all your fears and allegations on a single unknown map? Your passion to Throw me under the bus is so strong that i question the legitimacy of your "evidence"? who's to say you haven't modified the tables to suit your allegation? I can also post various screenshots of tables modified to attempt to prove a point, but really whats the need? i have many happy customers as seen in this thread

Finally, where are you getting your info from? More than 4 cars go boom?
    There are only three owners out of the ~100 odd that i have tuned who have had engine problems.
    1 owner was running a custom setup on GTX3076 with huge power on stock block. He had two engines go first one due to VVT failure, 2nd one went very quickly since it was loaded with the tune designed for the old engine and was ran straight onto the track. That engine had the head lift (obviously was running too much power)
    Another owner Was running a GTX3071 on e85 seeking max power on stock block and unfortunately had a piston VTA, i can't explain that one other than too much power for the OEM rods to handle, all other tuners have had at least one occur this way too. I might add that stratified had one of his customers with the exact same setup have the exact same failure only 1 day before. never the less - a learning experience for both owner and tuner.
    The 3rd owner had his front oil seal fail due to excessive crank pressure and spun a big end bearing mid WOT.

Oh and did i mention that my own self tuned and daily driven MPS 6 has been through 3 different turbos, and was running a GTX3071 @300+awkw and 500+awNm for the last 2 years? If there was going to be any issues i'm sure it would have shown by now... especially since it is an IIRPS designed block!

Anything you hear outside of this is pure rumour.

No idea what your trying to prove Sammuth, it can be seen there are many happy customers enjoyed working with me as i did while working with them. This thread which started out as seeking for various opinions has turned into a "I Sam Green hate Ray and everyone else should too"

I am not claiming to be the be all and end all of tuners, however i feel as though my long list of happy customers should at least allow my name a mention as an option without all this happening? this was the point of OP's thread right? if you personally have trust issues and feel comfortable with someone else then so be it, no need for personal attacks or public deformation. No one is forcing the OP to choose my services, but if they want to try it, then its there.

Shit be cray.

As an aside - thanks for the kind words to those who are enjoying their home brewed and tuned MPS.
    Last edited by Rayd; 05-10-2014 at 12:04 AM.

What is this crap?

Obviously some of the so called experts on this thread have little to no idea what @SarcasticOne has done for pioneering and researching tuning, especially in BT setups, on the MPS platform in Oz.

It is pretty obvious to me that there are some true brainiacs that have posted in here with their boundless tuning knowledge....Oh?....Perhaps not!!

Sam may have all the tact of a boulder falling down a hill...You know it's true Sam...But I am seeing some usual, and new suspects chipping in...Without obviously any clue of what they are talking about.

So here is how it is going to be.

1. Personal attack....You take a holiday on me.
    2. Open your big mouth at me...Take a really long holiday.

I don't really care who likes or dislikes who's tuning. If you have some to say, then say it with proof, or shut the hell up.

End of story kiddies.

Love,

Your friendly Mod.
    Last edited by RadiantKnackers; 04-10-2014 at 11:09 PM. Reason: I cannot spell for crap
    MPS is gone. Ghey Trail enabled....Not Happy. MPS 6 to come

Damn ray that was a essy!!!!1 lol

I apologise for not being able to read the post above mine.
    Last edited by Jmac; 04-10-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Next

If anyone else wants to directly attack someone else by name calling and then have a go at me for pulling them up, be my guest.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Default Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

All very interesting reading...
    Last edited by slixx; 04-10-2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: all good

I'm going back through it now

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Bloody hell.
    I'm ray tuned and no issues so far. If anything comes up I have faith in ray to help fix it.
    I'll post a dyno graph and datalog when I get a chance. Might be a while though....

Sweet baby jebus this thread turned into a storm in a teacup (also most likely the biggest number of posts in a short space of time since the inception of that unmentionable facebook group just quietly - There's a point there...)

To be honest, I am completely and totally skeptical of the whole e-tune thing and I don't really care for who's e-tune is better or whatever, I can see merits both for and against... but as mechanically literate as I am, this is well out of my league...so I'm happy to read the arguments and learn... but what I do find slightly annoying is people jumping in to argue for and against who have about as much comprehension of how their car works as they do of the composition of the metal in a paper clip.

If you don't have a clue, don't say anything... just read and learn.

Best thread so far!

All I'm going to say on this matter is:
    Luke, good on you for "trying and failing" you have my full respect.
    But surely there has to be a time when that's enough failing, time to go with the tried and proven

Actually, no, 1 more thing.

How about showing a little respect.
    Sam was the first to find the limitations of the hypertech tuner when that was the bees knees of tuners.
    Sam was one of the initial testers for cobb AP when it was coming into Australia.
    Sam was one of the first to reliably run a big turbo
    Sam was the one responsible for proving diirps BS

So before attacking him, maybe sit back and take a minute and find out all he has done for the MPS community in Australia
    Sam is the one who has done all the reaseach into what works and what doesn't making life a lot easier for all the people who are too lazy to do it themselves.
    2013 Ford Focus ST - Performance Blue, Cobb AP

Gone 2006 3 MPS Sports - True Red, Koni FSD shocks, in dash OEM look Ebay GPS/DVD, Hypertech, RX8 Rims

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Actually, no, 1 more thing.

How about showing a little respect.
    Sam was the first to find the limitations of the hypertech tuner when that was the bees knees of tuners.
    Sam was one of the initial testers for cobb AP when it was coming into Australia.
    Sam was one of the first to reliably run a big turbo
    Sam was the one responsible for proving diirps BS

So before attacking him, maybe sit back and take a minute and find out all he has done for the MPS community in Australia
    Sam is the one who has done all the reaseach into what works and what doesn't making life a lot easier for all the people who are too lazy to do it themselves.
    Who started attacking other people.??? I respect Sam for what he has done for the MPS, same as i have respect for others here that track and break shit and share. You know this! I got pissed off when someone is talking ripping on others discrediting others all the time, jumping on other forums etc talking about others. Thats the respect Im talking about!

Yes Brad I ****ed my last build up due to BS error also was my first with BS ever, Hence why Im going a more tried build this time proven stuff that has worked and asked for help with BS...

With that **** up came warning for others about the ARP bolts holding the BS off the crank.
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 05-10-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Man. I have to keep my opinions to myself because I've never tuned a car and have never been a superhero

In my second post did anywhere in it I mention you luke?
    Nope.
    So no need to take it personal.

In my first post, that was directed at you, I was referring to your whole history with the MPS, not just your last build.
    Since the black bitch, you have been attempting the unknown, that's great, someone as to.
    But my question was, when do you give up on that?
    You answered, and I thank you. It was in no way ment as any attack on you or what you do.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast