User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

Wow ,what a Sunday morning read,
    The OP had a quiet reasonable question ,that has just turned to shit. Some of these threads have come from very long term members like myself , Sam,Luke,Jas ,Rayd,Reedy and many others etc,etc have ALL earnt my respect for their Knowledge and endeavors for this forum.
    Some have pushed boundaries with builds ,experiments ,money and know how, just because they could and wanted to ,
    We all have a common goal (MPS owners) Learn from experience,Knowledge is key,do your research,ask if you dont know, Make your own mind up,be happy and have a bloody laugh .
    KISS , (keep it simple stupid).
    OH yeH. OP tuner question ,try Jim @ tunehouse if you have plenty of cash , (4yrs of tuning my ride ) NO issues. .
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

Hooley Dooley I ran out of popcorn reading this thread
    But in case anyone cares, just to be different to everyone, I had my car tuned by Chip Torque 5 years ago now ( pre AP days) and the cars has never had a problem.
    Not that this really helps the original poster as they're nowhere near Melbourne lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 70DDD View Post
    Hooley Dooley I ran out of popcorn reading this thread
    But in case anyone cares, just to be different to everyone, I had my car tuned by Chip Torque 5 years ago now ( pre AP days) and the cars has never had a problem.
    Not that this really helps the original poster as they're nowhere near Melbourne lol.
    Actually I think Chip Torque are the only tuners in the country with any decent MPS experience (and they have some verified results to back that up) but everyone has written them off over the last few years because of the throbbing love of the AP (not that AP is bad mind you, its pretty damn cool)... also CT is kind of on the pricey side of things.

But hey how many BNE members have had their MPS on the CT Dyno... I know I have :P

Hpf are an option and also cobb tuners now, other than one certain person giving them a bad name.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

A bit going on here. My tune was originally done by MRT then I got it done by a friend who is an expert on the Evo and Rex platform. He goes by the name of Burnsy and is very talented. He is a mad scientist. I then tuned it myself from his base map and with my tune and many man hours I was able to go from 14.03 @ 104.5mph to 13.4 @ 109mph. Burnsy is based in the Sth eastern suburbs. I will only tune my car as the hours I have put in myself would not be covered by other tuners. I have been driving it on/off with meth for nearly 2 years.

There are many good tuners out there and some great info. In my experience with this platform for nearly 5 years any more then 220-240kw is useless with FWD unless you back some grunt of 1-2nd. My 109mph tune spins in 3rd so why would I want more power. Power is great but you need to get it on the ground otherwise useless.

Not a fan of bagging anyone. hPf does seem like they got good results on Als car @ 112 mph on e85.

I use Mazdaedit software.

I'd like to make a public apology to @Rayd

Since last night, more maps have come to me which are what I'd have expected from a custom tune.

The map files I was looking at last night were missing a large number of the fixes specified in ray's other post, and as such caused me to be concerned about the quality of tuning being provided to members of this community.

I have already apologised to ray directly, and if I have any further concerns with his tunes, will be going to him directly.

Ray, I hope you do continue to keep your maps open as it is a good way for others to learn about how to make changes to a tune, and how the car behaves.

I apologise again for causing this, and in hind sight, should have come to you directly before causing this scene on the forums.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'd like to make a public apology to @Rayd

Since last night, more maps have come to me which are what I'd have expected from a custom tune.

The map files I was looking at last night were missing a large number of the fixes specified in ray's other post, and as such caused me to be concerned about the quality of tuning being provided to members of this community.

I have already apologised to ray directly, and if I have any further concerns with his tunes, will be going to him directly.

Ray, I hope you do continue to keep your maps open as it is a good way for others to learn about how to make changes to a tune, and how the car behaves.

I apologise again for causing this, and in hind sight, should have come to you directly before causing this scene on the forums.
    Glad to hear its now resolved. You earn't respect again thanks Sam .

Respect to both of you. We all make mistakes at times. Well done Sam. All good guys keep up the good info. I don't get on here much anymore. Busy with my kids. Good constructive conversation is why I am still on sometimes. Always trying to learn everyday.

Enjoy your our week boys.

May go to calder this Friday to watch my mate race his silver Capri. Look out for it if anyone goes. It's a real bullet. Twin turbo V8. He tunes it himself. Has previously tuned the Zd Fairlane ant the Crazy blue cortina that does 8.1sec. Most of the work done at Competition Engines.

Locking the topic.
    Everyone is entitled to have a say.
    I appreciate Sam having the courage to admit the outcome.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jmac; 05-10-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345