User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

Default Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

Hi guys just new to this forum thing and i recently purchased a 2013 3mps,
    i have already gotten bored of the power and i have read up on the decent power increase i get from tuning the factory computer.
    just wondering if anyone knows of any good and experienced tuners around the northern suburbs of Melbourne?
    I understand hpf is one of the best but i wasn't sure if there is any guys that are just as good on my side of the city.
    Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Sadly there is no real tuners for our cars in Australia...

Hit up freek tune or stratified tuning for an e-tune

@Rayd is based in Sydney and has tuned quite a few people in Australia. You will only read good things about his results on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    @Rayd is based in Sydney and has tuned quite a few people in Australia. You will only read good things about his results on this forum
    Yeah... There is people out there who are getting retuned after being unhappy with his results
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-10-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I have very good experience with Ray.
    Have been running 300kw with stock motor for about 10 months and so far having no issue relates to the tune
    He also helped me to solve a few problems by checking my logs for free which for me ( a car idiot) is a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Yeah... There is people out there who are getting retuned after being unhappy with his results

Would like to know more about these cases...

I live in sydney... and i am rayD tuned. Have been for about 9 months now.
    Gone from various stages of modding.

I work on alot of the sydney people's mps' on the weekends... most of which are also rayD tuned and extremely happy. The others who arent rayD tuned are either stock map or just rocking the ol' OTS maps.
    Yet to meet a sydney member with custom tune that isnt from Ray... ok actually 2 members... one stratified and the other was rayD tuned nut as more and more mods rolled in he was intrigued and self (msf) taught self tuning.

I for one are over the moon with Ray... service is just riduclous! Map turn around times lightning fast... happy to answer all questions and explains everything based on your level of knowledge.

I am one of those super fussy anal kind of people when it comes to maps... analyse each one through logs in various conditions along with just how it feels in the seat.

Everything i asked for a received. ... and trust me... i asked for alot.
    Every map revision was a nail in the head with all requests i asked for.

Then there is the troubleshooting... if during the tuning process you car decides to do something funny... this man will personally show up or you can physically go to see him to help solve such issue.

I would say... if you are unhappy with your rayD tune... then chances are you have no idea what you want in your tune.
    I.e. asking for a dull map ... then you whinge because it isn't shap and insane.

Go get yourself THE D ... trust me you will love the D *RayD*

Only person i trust to look after all my, and my customers tuning needs... and will never stop recommending him.

Except one day... i had to wait 2 hours for a map because i upgraded to 3" intake so wanted a new mafcal... apparently he was working or some shit??!! Lel

But seriously...this man gave me a map with no notice in 2 hours after requested while on the train home from work.

Proper mps enthusiast and gaurantee total happiness with a rayD eTune if you venture that path.

Sorry but there is no real tuners for the mps in aus atm.. The best way to go would be an etune thorough the Cobb access port... I would personally use ray @Raydtune he's in my opinion Australias best etuner.. I used him to etune my 2012 mps 3 and the results I got where out standing. I did have a couple of issues with my hence y I approached ray and in an instant he was able to figure it out.. The peak power,torque and boost was amazing fantastic results..

Ray's attitude is the best totally friendly and extremely professional and his knowledge was out standing.. He was extremely quick at getting the tunes straight back to me and fine tuning them for the best results.. You can't go wrong with ray just look up some feedback through the forum and everyone has good comments about him..

I was going to use freak tune but when I enquired about there product I was treated like shit and they didn't even wna help or want my business hence why I did more digging around and found ray

If you dig enough you'll probably read bad things about every tuner, but I haven't read/heard these things about Ray? I wouldn't dismiss him and say there aren't any tuners in AUS, as he's as successful as any. Some of the tuners in the states boast they've tuned the fastest *whatever category* MazdaSpeed 3, but you gotta have someone with the mods to go that fast and as far as I know, no one here is that modified anyway.
    I've had no problems with Ray and dunno why you'd go to an overseas tuner when you can get the same result with excellent service and don't have to put up with an exchange rate of $0.87!
    @Mpsdp90 I'd encourage you to even ring Ray, as he knows a heap about these cars!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    --> 2008 Metro Grey Sports Pack Gen1 <--

CS SRI ll CS TIP ll CS AB ll 2XS SSP ll 2XS FMIC ll SURE Anchors ll Enkei RPF1's 17x9 +45 ll Lamin-X Fog Tint ll DBA T3 4000 series ll Remsa pads ll Braided lines
    CP-E S2 RMM ll Hankook RS3 235/40/17 ll Forge V1 BPV ll Whiteline RSB ll AutoTech HPFP
    ll Spin-on Conversion ll Rear Diffuser
    DGR Coilovers ll LED Replacement lights ll "08-MPS" plates ll Cobb AP V3 (E85) ll CP-e TBE ll OCC

Quote Originally Posted by GibbA View Post
    If you dig enough you'll probably read bad things about every tuner, but I haven't read/heard these things about Ray? I wouldn't dismiss him and say there aren't any tuners in AUS, as he's as successful as any. Some of the tuners in the states boast they've tuned the fastest *whatever category* MazdaSpeed 3, but you gotta have someone with the mods to go that fast and as far as I know, no one here is that modified anyway.
    I've had no problems with Ray and dunno why you'd go to an overseas tuner when you can get the same result with excellent service and don't have to put up with an exchange rate of $0.87!
    @Mpsdp90 I'd encourage you to even ring Ray, as he knows a heap about these cars!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I've seen maps that are "custom tuned" that are just modified cobb OTS maps...

I mean, down to tables being exactly the same...

So yeah, if people want to pay for that, feel free to continue doing so
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Also be interested in hearing more about this. I'm getting tuned by him at the moment and am quite happy with the tune...but I have only COBB OTS to compare it with.

As Azza said, service at least is definitely gold.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

11. Default

I've seen maps that are "custom tuned" that are just modified cobb OTS maps...

I mean, down to tables being exactly the same...

So yeah, if people want to pay for that, feel free to continue doing so
    As you can see... we are happy and we will continue to pay.

So what you are saying is that ray is changing a general platform base maps into car/mod specific maps?

Wow...

If it aint broke dont fix it... i had a look at all tables on every single map i was given throughout my many many revisions... happy with everything

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    As you can see... we are happy and we will continue to pay.

So what you are saying is that ray is changing a general platform base maps into car/mod specific maps?

Wow...

If it aint broke dont fix it... i had a look at all tables on every single map i was given throughout my many many revisions... happy with everything
    Erm... The Cobb maps are broken

And as his maps are running higher power numbers, these flaws become a bigger issue...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-10-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Highly recommend Ray i was probably the first or one of the first to be tuned by him. Cant fault the tune or him. And he is Australian.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by auscer; 04-10-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Lol Ray is the man! Absolutely no reason not to use Ray! His customer service is second to none and is seriously available 24/7. My tune is strong as!

Sam hasn't seemed to be a fan of Ray's from day one anyway however as you can see, everyone who HAS actually been a customer of Ray's is a massive fan.

You won't be disappointed with Ray. Ten times better than dealing with a yank too. And I'm not convinced the yanks understand our fuel so again Ray wins for me.

As you can see its an open ended topic.
    If it were me, I'd be going with the tried and tested yanks who are pioneering the platform.
    I haven't nessecarily seen a local tuner of the same calibre.
    Ray may or may not be a good choice for you, be careful to look into track records of tuners be it a shop or etune - there has seemed to be an awful lot of local motors popping over the last 12 months.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    Lol Ray is the man! Absolutely no reason not to use Ray! His customer service is second to none and is seriously available 24/7. My tune is strong as!

Sam hasn't seemed to be a fan of Ray's from day one anyway however as you can see, everyone who HAS actually been a customer of Ray's is a massive fan.

You won't be disappointed with Ray. Ten times better than dealing with a yank too. And I'm not convinced the yanks understand our fuel so again Ray wins for me.
    There is more variation in fuel and weather in the US than Australia... California can barely support 350whp on a gtx3076... Other states can make 400whp on a bnr s3..

Ray has also had to retune people over winter as the tunes created excess torque...

You can call that "good customer service" I call it a shit tune...

17. Default

Ray is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Ray may or may not be a good choice for you, be careful to look into track records of tuners be it a shop or etune - there has seemed to be an awful lot of local motors popping over the last 12 months.
    Very well said. I am new to this platform and have no axe to grind or barrow to push. I have been reading and listening a lot.

I also have heard of a concerning number of local engines that have blown.

My suggestion is do your own research and go with a tuner that you are comfortable with and who understands your goals.

I have gone with Stratified Automotive Controls and so far I am happy with the results.

Another thing to remember is that most of us only have our base tune or an OTS tune to compare with our custom tune results. So we are all going to be impressed by what our tuners achieve. It doesn't mean another tuner would not have got even better results with maybe a slightly different approach.

Also be aware that most tuners who tune you remotely require you to find a safe place to do high speed full throttle log runs. While I may have done a few of those I will be getting most of my tuning done on a dyno with the tuner working remotely. Hiring the dyno by the hour, its a bit more expensive but a lot safer (especially for my license).
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

There is more variation in fuel and weather in the US than Australia... California can barely support 350whp on a gtx3076... Other states can make 400whp on a bnr s3..

Ray has also had to retune people over winter as the tunes created excess torque...

You can call that "good customer service" I call it a shit tune...
    That may be true. But a yank doesn't understand our weather altitude and fuel. A local does.

I can't comment on what ur saying until I see evidence of which I've never read a bad word about Ray on here or Facebook.

Just don't think it's fair you put all these assumptions in someone's mind with no evidence and all the people with real evidence are just stupid because Sam knows everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob777 View Post
    That may be true. But a yank doesn't understand our weather altitude and fuel. A local does.

I can't comment on what ur saying until I see evidence of which I've never read a bad word about Ray on here or Facebook.

Just don't think it's fair you put all these assumptions in someone's mind with no evidence and all the people with real evidence are just stupid because Sam knows everything.
    Working on the evidence at the moment...

Wouldn't be voicing this if I didn't have proof to back it all up

Yanks have sea level, to heights over Mt Kosciusko, they have epic humidity, deserts and snow... Think they have us covered
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-10-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast