User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

1. Default

Mpsdp90 im based in the North Suburbs, and as you've read in this sh1t storm of a thread, there really isnt any local tuners this side of town.
    You can try Protek on dundas street though.

Ive DIY stage 2 on my gen2 for under $1K, so If you are a diy kinda guy and know how to work a pc , youre pretty set. The only new thing to purchase new is a HPFP and the rest from the for sale threads and youre rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    So, I can show you multiple tables where for 80% of cells they match to the third decimal place, and you'd still call me a liar?
    They will be the same Sam! If i download a map for CAI, Tmic, DP, HPFP It would be a stage 2 map.... Why wouldnt that be that different for car to car, they run the same VVT, same turbo etc why wouldnt it be simular? if i ran a 3" intake or 3.5 ' tip the VVT table would be the same
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 04-10-2014 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    They will be the same Sam! If i download a map for CAI, Tmic, DP, HPFP It would be a stage 2 map.... Why would that be that different for car to car, the run the same VVT, same turbo etc why would it be simular?
    I'm saying, ray takes a Cobb OTS map, tweaks the throttle, adjusts the wgdc, gives you more power at WOT, and sends you on your way...

It does not address any of the issues that are present in Cobb OTS maps...

All of the other tuners have vastly different base maps to Cobb OTS to ensure these weaknesses are not present.

I have heard stories of ray asking customers for the map they're using initially... None of the American ones do that, they have their own base maps they send out.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

If you're all happy with mildly tweaked Cobb OTS maps, fine... I really don't care... But I'm still putting this information up...

5. Default

!!!!

Had my car tuned by ray and I would recommend him highly not only does he tune but is also there to help you whenever you need it all people do know days is talk about how bad he is all it takes is one rotten egg to spoil it for the others I've called him many times and not once he hasn't picked up
    the phone keep doing what your doing ray don't let one clown ruin
    it for everyone.

Attachment 16873

Ray "custom tuned" on left
    Cobb OTS on the right

Exactly the same vvt tables...

More to come tomorrow...
    Sam have you had any experience tuning on this platform?
    seeing as you have gone to the trouble to throw Ray under the bus. Maybe you can share some information On VVT Advance and how these Cobb values are "broken".. Please enlighten us with your knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Grymtek View Post
    Sam have you had any experience tuning on this platform?
    seeing as you have gone to the trouble to throw Ray under the bus. Maybe you can share some information On VVT Advance and how these Cobb values are "broken".. Please enlighten us with your knowledge
    0 load compensation or protection, major issue for people in cold climates

Too much off boost ignition timing...

The vvt table is the start of the proof of the tables being exactly the same
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-10-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Shem MPS View Post
    !!!!

Had my car tuned by ray and I would recommend him highly not only does he tune but is also there to help you whenever you need it all people do know days is talk about how bad he is all it takes is one rotten egg to spoil it for the others I've called him many times and not once he hasn't picked up
    the phone keep doing what your doing ray don't let one clown ruin
    it for everyone.
    No issues with him as a person, and no doubting his customer service

Just never let him tune my car

I'm saying, ray takes a Cobb OTS map, tweaks the throttle, adjusts the wgdc, gives you more power at WOT, and sends you on your way...

It does not address any of the issues that are present in Cobb OTS maps...

All of the other tuners have vastly different base maps to Cobb OTS to ensure these weaknesses are not present.

I have heard stories of ray asking customers for the map they're using initially... None of the American ones do that, they have their own base maps they send out.
    So what your saying is a base map is not a starting point. So if i start from a OEM map and tuned from there its not my tune? but a base map you can change all parameters yes?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if i get Rays map and change it i can not call it mine? or if i blow my engine up cuz i changed wgdc AND OTHER PARTS OF MY TUNE to give me more that rays fault cuz he sent me that map?...

0 load compensation or protection, major issue for people in cold climates

Too much off boost ignition timing...

The vvt table is the start of the proof of the tables being exactly the same
    I wasn't asking about Load caps or load error compensation tables.. Safe to say these are boost tunes just like cobbs.

You still didn't answer the previous question I asked ?

But ( if you can't) I suggest you stopping making urself look like a dick.

11. Default

Well I guess we can all leave it that there's been a lot of positive feedback about ray so it's all up to u if u want to get it tuned by him

10/10 from me

peace out

Out of curiosity these failures you've heard of is there any real evidence that the cause of the failure is solely down to the tune or just a case of "well ray tuned it so it's obviously his fault"?

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Grymtek View Post
    I wasn't asking about Load caps or load error compensation tables.. Safe to say these are boost tunes just like cobbs.

You still didn't answer the previous question I asked ?

But ( if you can't) I suggest you stopping making urself look like a dick.
    I had tuned my own car back when I was on a 3071

Currently freek tuned, but will be giving it another shot myself when/if I try full e85

Currently freek tuned, but will be giving it another shot myself when/if I try full e85
    So you will be tuning Freeks base map?......... Yet you **** over someone else?........ Make claims about what they are doing?

So you will be tuning Freeks base map?......... Yet you **** over someone else?........ Make claims about what they are doing?
    Nope, I'll be starting from scratch

Freek maps are locked

Nope, I'll be starting from scratch

Freek maps are locked
    but you can see all tables!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shem MPS View Post
    Well I guess we can all leave it that there's been a lot of positive feedback about ray so it's all up to u if u want to get it tuned by him

10/10 from me

peace out
    Wasn't it you who stood up for mps garage saying new owners and was then proved wrong?

It was me who went out of my way to get the documents that showed new owners, paid money to get it to help the community... And was told to go away...

Why can't I be right this time again?

but you can see all tables!!!!
    No you can't, you can't open a locked map...

Wasn't it you who stood up for mps garage saying new owners and was then proved wrong?

It was me who went out of my way to get the documents that showed new owners, paid money to get it to help the community... And was told to go away...

Why can't I be right this time again?
    thought this was about tuning? Not about you Sarcasticone

Please Sam , tell me about ur self tune adventure and how you manipulated your VVT to get better spool up on a turbo of that size.

If you with such great knowledge can't answer a simple question for us noobs. Maybe you should rethink about writing someone else off who knows a lot more than you. And rethink tuning your own car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast