User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question? Who is a good tuner for my 3mps around the northern suburbs,

Stratified may be awesome as well but it's not fair to say there is no local tuners as Ray HAS had great success with a hell of a lot of people.

I've also seen the maps in question..
    If maps are unlocked you are free to do your own research.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I personally am @Rayd tuned for about 5 months. I made some pretty good figures of his tunes.

I can't compare him to anyone but I am going to build my engine soon and go freek tune to try it.

Freek is a highly reputable e tuner in America. Never looked into his work though.

I chat to ray a lot about things and discus lots of things. He is pretty knowledgeable and replies fast as he is in aus and doesn't reside in a different Time zone.

I know of a lot of people who don't like ray's work but for there own reasons. I think he does safe work but if your playing with high boost shit can brake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 MPS6 Gray - BNR S3 V2, 2XS turbo manifold, CPE 3” catted down pipe, Magna Flow cat back, HTP 3” TIP, HTP 3” MAF, HDI FMIC, Turbo smart BPV, 3 bar MAP, 3 port cobb boost solenoid, Auto Tech fuel pump, CPE injector seals, EGR delete (second and primary), VTCS delete, JBR Thermal Gasket Intake Manifold & Throttle Body, V3 Access Port.

98RON 260kw - 490Nm RayTuned

I've heard other rumours, some of which are extremely concerning... But I won't actually voice those until I can back it up...

If you want to use someone else use someone else but to bash people based on "what I've read on the internet" is quite simply moronic. My 3 is tuned by Ray because it was the most practical option and I ended up with a result better than I expected. I've had no issues with the tune which I've had since last summer and I've never heard any negative comments about his work. He's also provided ongoing support for issues I had which were not tune related. I'd recommend his work to anyone living in Australia.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by st3ve View Post
    If you want to use someone else use someone else but to bash people based on "what I've read on the internet" is quite simply moronic.
    I don't think you can put sarcasticone in the same bunch as those who believe 'everything they read on the internet'. Plus, this is an e-tuner operating on an Internet forum, so 'internet research' is perfectly legitimate, particularly on this forum and MSF!
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Yeah... There is people out there who are getting retuned after being unhappy with his results
    I've seen maps that are "custom tuned" that are just modified cobb OTS maps...

I mean, down to tables being exactly the same...

So yeah, if people want to pay for that, feel free to continue doing so
    BWwwhhhhHAAAA I have been running a stage 2 off the shelf map for a 3.25" + 3.75" maf + a BNRs3 + a GTX3576 Turbo? What about a standard intake + port head + ported mani + all the other STUFF @Rayd has done for us here in Australia! How about you show some respect to the Aussie tuners out there tuning there cars and having a go when you have failed on your own! How about you go to MSF and say i cant tune my own car and need someone else to do it when others here have done it... How about you pull your ****ing head in.... Say IM PROUD TO BE AUSSIE AND JUMP ON BOARD AND TRY SOMETHING AND FAIL but still be proud.... Because you have something to offer us but you choose 'NOT' too because your scared.. IT Makes you worse than the people who know nothing and ask stupid questions...

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    BWwwhhhhHAAAA I have been running a stage 2 off the shelf map for a 3.25" + 3.75" maf + a BNRs3 + a GTX3576 Turbo? What about a standard intake + port head + ported mani + all the other STUFF @Rayd has done for us here in Australia! How about you show some respect to the Aussie tuners out there tuning there cars and having a go when you have failed on your own! How about you go to MSF and say i cant tune my own car and need someone else to do it when others here have done it... How about you pull your ****ing head in.... Say IM PROUD TO BE AUSSIE AND JUMP ON BOARD AND TRY SOMETHING AND FAIL but still be proud.... Because you have something to offer us but you choose 'NOT' too because your scared.. IT Makes you worse than the people who know nothing and ask stupid questions...
    I might not know how to build an engine, but I know repeatedly smacking it with a hammer doesn't work... I know what I know, and know what I don't know...

The last vd you posted had boost rising from 28 to 32 psi over the last 800rpm and your AFR's going into 13's... This is a tune issue... Your TUNER gave you a set up where you ran out of fuel...

You say I offer nothing, look at all the information on this forum I've written... I offer what I can... I'm currently waiting on results from MSF which mean I might be able to go full e85... And you know what, I'd post up results on that if/when it happens...

The fact he's Australian means nothing to me, it's no excuse for mildly modified OTS maps being passed off as "custom tunes"

Dantes on MSF did that, had 4 cars go boom... Got shit listed...
    There has been more than than 4 ray tuned cars go boom this year...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Yeah... There is people out there who are getting retuned after being unhappy with his results
    I might not know how to build an engine, but I know repeatedly smacking it with a hammer doesn't work... I know what I know, and know what I don't know...

The last vd you posted had boost rising from 28 to 32 psi over the last 800rpm and your AFR's going into 13's... This is a tune issue... Your TUNER gave you a set up where you ran out of fuel...

You say I offer nothing, look at all the information on this forum I've written... I offer what I can... I'm currently waiting on results from MSF which mean I might be able to go full e85... And you know what, I'd post up results on that if/when it happens...

The fact he's Australian means nothing to me, it's no excuse for mildly modified OTS maps being passed off as "custom tunes"

Dantes on MSF did that, had 4 cars go boom... Got shit listed...
    There has been more than than 4 ray tuned cars go boom this year...
    If you want to continue this PM or this will be a ozmps war online you want that? This is not MSF!! You got evidence PM me, I am open minded and will look into you claims. I always share wins and looses (most of the zzb i know about 2 were the same car tracked cars btw). Mazda cancel warranty once know its been tracked

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412422943930.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	16873

Ray "custom tuned" on left
    Cobb OTS on the right

Exactly the same vvt tables...

More to come tomorrow...

I know what I know, and know what I don't know...
    A lot of people are happy with his work as shown in the many posts on this thread, and I think he is deserving for a mention to the OP when it comes to tuning options.

Yes a few engines have been pulled this year but only some were tuned by Ray and those engines were beaten on and off the track. No vta pistons just engine components that are possibly not up to the task of 350awkw or a lot of track abuse.
    Last edited by Jmac; 04-10-2014 at 09:50 PM.

No personal attacks please

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Apologies, was about to edit

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    A lot of people are happy with his work as shown in the many posts on this thread, and I think he is deserving for a mention to the OP when it comes to tuning options.

Yes a few engines have been pulled this year but only some were tuned by Ray and those engines were beaten on and off the track. No vta pistons just engine components that are possibly not up to the task of 350awkw or a lot of track abuse.
    What about the one that went boom gently taking off from the lights and was blamed on "a cold snap"...
    The cars that needed to be detuned in winter...

Why shouldn't you be able to drive your car on the same tune in winter as in summer?
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-10-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1412422943930.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	16873

Ray "custom tuned" on left
    Cobb OTS on the right

Exactly the same vvt tables...

More to come tomorrow...
    So what your saying is one MPS engine is the same as the other bwhaaa well der they offer OTS maps.. I wouldnt be surprised if all my base maps before Maf cals would be the same Sam.. Once after Maf cal all timing/afrs/wgdc etc would be different

OP can make up his own mind on who to use. I did my research and know who I will be using when the time comes to etune.

Bad mouthing someones work when you haven't experienced dealing with them yourself is not fair or justified

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    So what your saying is one MPS engine is the same as the other bwhaaa well der.. I wouldnt be surprised is all my base maps before Maf cals would be the same Sam.. Once after Maf cal all timing/afrs/wgdc etc would be different
    This is a completed tune...
    Will post more tomorrow showing fueling tables are exactly the same except at WOT, as well as others that are unmodified from Cobb OTS maps

@SarcasticOne show me a final map thats the same as a ots or like another tune..................................

19. Default

30,000km WOT daily.
    Motorkhana events involving plenty of boost, limiter bash and all sorts of abuse.

All rayD tuned.

This evidence is garbage... if this was other parts of the world you would either be in court or getting your head cut off or something for this nonsense. Lucky (or unlucky) this is aus.

Obviously you did zero following up on 'all these motor failures'

#blamethetuner

I vote continue this shit in another thread...
    but CUSTOMERS of RAY have SPOKEN

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA SP20 View Post
    30,000km WOT daily.
    Motorkhana events involving plenty of boost, limiter bash and all sorts of abuse.

All rayD tuned.

This evidence is garbage... if this was other parts of the world you would either be in court or getting your head cut off or something for this nonsense. Lucky (or unlucky) this is aus.

Obviously you did zero following up on 'all these motor failures'

#blamethetuner

I vote continue this shit in another thread...
    but CUSTOMERS of RAY have SPOKEN
    So, I can show you multiple tables where for 80% of cells they match to the third decimal place, and you'd still call me a liar?

That my claims of him just using Cobb OTS maps and slightly modifying them are unfounded?

Leaving there weaknesses still on the maps for customers to be caught out by...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 04-10-2014 at 10:11 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast