User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice sought on my 6MPS upgrades

1. Default

Thanks very much, I'm off to make the buy, with a considerably smaller dent in my wallet right now!

Hmmm - what to with the savings ...

Quote Originally Posted by FletchQLD View Post
    Thanks very much, I'm off to make the buy, with a considerably smaller dent in my wallet right now!

Hmmm - what to with the savings ...
    It's probably just as cheap to get a cat less race pipe custom made locally.

I got 2XS Racing to do a 2nd cat delete to my race pipe and high flow single tip muffler for about $400.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

You are very unlikely to have any problems with the cops. Mine passed an engineering cert with a catless racepipe. Ha ha. Definitely recommend RP+eTune - you should be able to push well over 16 psi too, 18-19 in the midrange.

4. Default

So I have purchased and installed the corksport catless racepipe and flashed to cobb stage2 OTS maps. I was a little disappointed to only see peak boost of 14.5psi - does this sound about right? I thought stage 2 would take it to 17psi

(supporting mods : hpfp, sri and tip)

I am looking to go for an aftermarket TMIC so waiting till I get there before booking an e-tune.

Does it take a while to learn the new map before peaking the boost?

Stage 2 should target 17 or 18 from memory. Should deliver boost straight away, only thing that 'learns' are the fuel trims. Can you post up a 4th gear wot log?

6. Default

Please advise the correct way to do a 4th gear wot log.
    I know how to log, and I can totally wot - but ...

Please advise the correct way to do a 4th gear wot log.
    I know how to log, and I can totally wot - but ...
    Find safe quiet spot to go really fast
    Be at 2500-3000rpm in 4th
    Press button on AP to start log
    Push accelerator to the floor
    Let off ~6500rpm
    Slow car to a reasonable speed
    Press button to stop logging

Can also be done in 3rd
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

You will also might want to go slightly higher than 6500 on the tacho, as it measures low. I run mine almost to 7k to get an actual 6500 in the log.

FYI 4th gear will take you to about 170-180kph so if you don't have a safe enough place, the above suggestion of 3rd might be wise.

I usually do my WOT logs in front of the Police. Given they are looking for people going 3/4 km over the limit they don't know how to react when i'm doing 100km over it and i can get away with it.

10. Default

Yeh, no chance of me doing 7k rpm in 4th...
    3rd will do the job?

To just check boost levels you could even try second. I did a few logs in second in the CX7 but they were uphill and pushing against the auto and AWD so plenty of load on the engine.

12. Default

Last edited by FletchQLD; 13-11-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Default Advice sought on my 6MPS upgrades

Speed us alway mph, else the other readings (like boost) go to metric too. Can you post up the actual map you are running too?
    Boost is indeed low, but nothing else looks too strange in my limited experience. Wgdc isn't maxed or anything and AFR is ok, so id be curious to see what the map actually commands.

Edit: only thought is maybe a leaking/stuffed BPV dumping all your boost. I would think the wgdc would be higher if that was the case though?
    Last edited by Lachlan; 13-11-2014 at 12:05 PM.

14. Default

This is the actual map currently in use :

http://allcarremovals.com.au/mps/Stage2 98 v233.ptm

The previous map was OTS stage 1 which targeted 15psi but pretty sure it only went to 12/13 also (prior to racepipe installation).

I would have thought if I had a leak then it would not run so well due to losing metered air, but the car runs sweet - just not getting the boost I should be.
    Had thought faulty BPV or Wastegate - but I'm just speculating ...

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Speed us alway mph, else the other readings (like boost) go to metric too.
    Yeh, I'm a fence sitter - I love metric, it makes sense whereas I can't get around imperial - except for measuring height and boost .

Yeh, I'm a fence sitter - I love metric, it makes sense whereas I can't get around imperial - except for measuring height and boost .
    I agree. Plus fuel pressure. And AFR over lambda. I think we asked to be able to select imperial or metric for items individually, but COBB said no no

I haven't had a look at the map yet, but cobb's website said 17.5psi (+/-1.5) which should put you at least 16 psi in the mid range.

A leak trough the bov would still be metered air, so I don't know whether/how this would show up in your AFRs. Have you done a boost leak test from the IC hot pipe? This would show if the bov or anything else was dumping boost.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

17. Default

I don't know how to check for leaks, so have not checked anything except connectors/joins.
    I'll run off now and google a few how to's , starting with the ic hot pipe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I agree. Plus fuel pressure. And AFR over lambda. I think we asked to be able to select imperial or metric for items individually, but COBB said no no

I haven't had a look at the map yet, but cobb's website said 17.5psi (+/-1.5) which should put you at least 16 psi in the mid range.

A leak trough the bov would still be metered air, so I don't know whether/how this would show up in your AFRs. Have you done a boost leak test from the IC hot pipe? This would show if the bov or anything else was dumping boost.
    Can get half way there
    Get Celsius + mph...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1415862370243.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	16967

Can't look at logs ATM... But can look into it over weekend
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Can't look at logs ATM... But can look into it over weekend
    Thankyou, that would be super!

20. Default

So, my current theory is boost leak - does this sound likely?
    I have checked all connections, but think I need to make a boost leak check end cap thingo.

Any other suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast