User Tag List

Thread: Intercooler leak.

Default Intercooler leak.

Anyone know a place that can fix a hole in a intercooler, maybe a radiator place pref around south eastern suburbs melbourne

Not sure if i wanna ask HPF and get charged WAY tomuch for a fix.

picture uploaded below, not sure if its worth buying another or getting it fixed.. advice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8014.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	800.8 KB 
ID:	16833

Sorry, not much help to you but how did that happen?

You could try a radiator repair shop. If your TMIC is stock they are pretty cheap to buy second hand. I have two spare CX7 TMIC's now. They aren't exactly the same as the Gen2 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    Sorry, not much help to you but how did that happen?

Not sure man, i had a problem with my car where i blew my fuel line and lost alot of power, took it to my merchanic got it fixed after 700dollars, then i called him up saying im missing 6psi of power, and explained that my car was cutting out etc, anyways i booked to get it checked out on friday for tomorrow (monday) but on saturday i saw that hole and felt the air pressure leaking out on a cold start..

also i dont want to take it back to my merchanic because they keep changing there price when i go to pay, exampled, my repair was quoted estimate of 500 at the start, then calls me back up after few hours saying it will cost 630 i said yeah go ahead.. went to pay for in 2 days later when car was ready he goes 680dollars...
    Last edited by Haydz; 21-09-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    You could try a radiator repair shop. If your TMIC is stock they are pretty cheap to buy second hand. I have two spare CX7 TMIC's now. They aren't exactly the same as the Gen2 3 though.

yeah problem is i have no idea which place is good etc, tomorrow just going to go visit some local places "google search" haha... see what they quote me.. if they quote arm and a leg, im better off just buying a brand new cork sport top mount for 400 dollars

Either get a second hand one or upgrade man, don't waste time and money fixing it. You will no doubt upgrade at some point so buy aftermarket now lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Either get a second hand one or upgrade man, don't waste time and money fixing it. You will no doubt upgrade at some point so buy aftermarket now lol
    haha my top mount is already a aftermarket, just don't know what brand coz previous owner had changed it. no point going second hand back to factory mount, either i get it fixed or buy another one.

Get a new one, cause yours is Farkin dirty as well haha

haha, got it fixed today, HUGE difference in power, went from 9psi to 16psi..

set me back $130 which was good price
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8076.111.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	736.0 KB 
ID:	16835  

Who did it? I need a bit of welding done

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Who did it? I need a bit of welding done
    Havoc in keyzy, legit I went everywhere and everyone kept saying come tomorrow, or take off inter cooler and we can do it for you,

I went zoom garage in Hallam and he sent me to havoc, there young blokes but got the job done nicely

do you want me to provide you exact address and number

Quote Originally Posted by Haydz View Post
    Havoc in keyzy, legit I went everywhere and everyone kept saying come tomorrow, or take off inter cooler and we can do it for you,

I went zoom garage in Hallam and he sent me to havoc, there young blokes but got the job done nicely

do you want me to provide you exact address and number
    Na it's Algud, they a bit far away from Brunswick west. I wish I had a welder to do it myself lol