User Tag List

Thread: MPS 6 dash + navigation + music + etc upgrade

Default MPS 6 dash + navigation + music + etc upgrade

So I'm thinking of replacing the dash panel of the MPS 6 where the current audio components are, and putting on a new 2 din head unit.

I've come across this "YOKOTRON" 7" Touch TFT Car Radio DVD For Mazda 6 2002-2007 +Ipod+DVR+ GPS : "Yokotron" 7" Touch TFT CAR Radio DVD FOR Mazda 6 2002 2007 Ipod DVR GPS | eBay
    But it kinda looks to good to be true. Anyone already looked at this?
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Chinese head units aren't bad but don't do anything particularly well - while it will be a step up from your stock HU, don't expect better quality sound and there will no doubt be a few bugs in the software here and there.

Looks sweet. Whoever Yokotron are. Sounds like an autobot.
    However 800x480 screen resolution isn't going to be very sharp, but not a deal breaker ,might want to check on Aussie GPS/Navi compatability though.
    Certainly a lot of functionality regardless OD Navigation.
    Last edited by studiovape; 20-09-2014 at 08:20 AM.

What Byrd said. I have the eonon unit for the Mazda 3. A couple of bugs and slightly annoying things but the value for money cannot be beat!

They're all 800 x 480 resolution, which isn't too bad, but the screens are completely washed out in direct sunlight.

Don't worry about lack of Australian maps - sites like navitotal.com cater for this, it takes a little bit of work getting the software working though - I recommend iGo Primo which looks and functions great.

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. I have spoken to Yokotron, and they have mentioned that:
    -if you want, they can ship the dash plate by itself and you can install your own aftermarket radio/gps etc
    -in October they will be releasing a new android model which will have higher specs

I'm going to wait for the android one and see what it is like.

I have been waiting for the android model for the last 12 months!
    Couldn't wait any longer and got this one:
    Works very very well highly recommended!

So what is that Ray?

Chinese eBay 8" model
    There's a few sellers advertising it atm

10. Default

Gday Guys

I am going to upgrade my sterio unit to a 7 inch sony touch screen display with SATNAV. I came across a japanese company called Kanatechs and they have a distributor in queensland . The man to speak to is Chris.. car installation kit | Kanatechs | home. the kit you need for a mazda 6 MPS is TBXE T 006. It costs about $425.00, + another $120.00 for the module you need to operate the steering wheel controls. Apart from a few minor changes such as the Dimming function not working, the unit works pretty much exactly like the standard unit

Overall, looks really good and Chris backs it up with a years warranty.....

Also guys, does anyone know the brand of the non bose standard sterio in the Mazda 6 MPS, and if it had an amp etc, where its located, and if the unit plays MP3's?

cheers

Hmmmm this seems quite good, I'm still waiting for the 'yokotron' guys to do their android one, current timing is December. I'll see what this one from Chris is like instead maybe....