Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How 2 Drag - Please explain

1. Default

I think the thread got cleaned because of other reasons

Damn 6 members, always getting me in trouble with the mods

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Damn 6 members, always getting me in trouble with the mods
    I think you can do that on your own ..... lol
    Quote: NIRVANDAN: shame you didnt make the photoshoot eithe, they could have used the coolest 2!

The one and only ORIGINAL Dee !!!!!

2008 Mazda 2 Genki ~ Radiant Ebony ~ Personalised Plates ~ 20% Black Tint ~ Cannon ~ 18" Bling Bling

You or anyone who has meet me knows thats a lie, im harmless

5. Default

I only just caught a glimpse of this thread today after ironically launching my car, and since have read through it.

my take on launching AWD cars has never been to drop/step off the clutch as thats the easiest way to find the weakest link. (wrx is gear box, evo - pulsar GTIR centre diff) instead is to release quickly allowing for a tiny amount of clutch slip thats not even noticable apart from the smell which later comes through the cabin.

I would imagine the clutches in AWD's are desgined for some slip to prevent sever damage to drive line components. just for comparison sake, the perfect way to get a drag car off the line is to find the right balance between clutch slip and wheel spin. (i know its at opposite ends of the scale but the principals are the same)

back to my experience, revs were at 4,000 - 4,500 (i hadnt turned the DSC off) i released the clucth quickly and she took off like rocket, shifted into second not an issue and back on the power like wise 3rd it was after i back off changed into 5 and cruised for about 30 - 40 secs i had a vague smell of clutch.

I did have ever hear what sounded like axel tramp coming from the rear which im now lead to believe was the DSC preventing wheelspin.

on another note i was informed that mazda issued an optional clutch swap to a lighter pressure plate under warrenty, has any one had this done? from the service history mine was done at 10,000km's

are there after market clutches people have installed?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234