User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How 2 Drag - Please explain

I just will never put a club sticker on......i just buy them to support the forum

Yup!

because its "do as I say and no as I do" policy

I dont have club stickers. but if im at the track id leave them "representing my homies" lols.

I want to try this a few more times before wednesday night so i dont make a fool of myself in front of a heap of ppl that "think" they no everything about cars. Our MPS6's are very different and most ppl just think they are another standard 6. They could not be more wrong really.

Im worried about breaking bits. I was def a heap closer on the last attempt today, and there was little or no smell so it can't be seriously damaging to the car.

Thanks for help guys will keep you posted!
    Latool- far from normal

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    I just will never put a club sticker on......i just buy them to support the forum
    lol...in that case just donate what they cost but dont get them if you are not gonna use them
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Are you going "this" Wednesday? I am.

Do I hear 3 VS 6?

ya! lol

Ok update.... tried again today. Full stop. 4.3RPM. Slid foot off clutch to the left. DSC turned off.

Result:

Fast grab, Huge acceleration as my head was thrusted back into the seat, about 3 seconds and i had smooth changes from 1st-2nd-3rd-4th and Break. When i stopped car there was a slight clutch smell for about 2min, but was gone very quickly. I am confident this was a perfect launch with little - 0 damage done to the little beast. The trouble will be replicating this on track.

Either way im excited.[COLOR="Silver"]
    Last edited by Jmac; 16-06-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Removed Post
    Latool- far from normal

Well done. Sounds like you've achieved the perfect awd launch. It's like being shot out of a cannon isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    I can almost feel the love... I love the drags, too!

Used to go a fair bit up in Mackay...

this is awesome. who's got a spare helmet

I will see you there (whoever turns up that is)

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I will see you there (whoever turns up that is)
    See you there, come have a chatt to me i could use some tips.
    Last edited by duglet; 17-06-2009 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Problem fixed
    Latool- far from normal

^^^^ just give it out as hard as you get it ......

then wind up to 6000rpm and dump that clutch ....Warrenty FTW

To all members who think its necessary to spam thread.

We have other sections in the forum for you to spam and make general comments.

If you cannot contribute to this thread, I suggest you do not post.

Please keep things on topic.

This thread has already been cleaned once, I have just cleaned the spam out again.

There will be no 3rd time.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Howd you go Latool ????

What kinda time did you run if you wanna share????

remember practice makes perfect

Yeah im really really impressed with my time actually. Considering i have never even been to a drag track to watch it was all 100% new to me. First run i pulled a 15.118, and won against my rival, a black SS. Second run i pulled 14.8 and won against my rival which is was one of the new green holden utes, not sure excactly what kind. On my 3rd i went against Dorian in the RX8 and totally wasted him with a 14.5. Im very happy, he claims he is bringing the GTR next time.

Saw Troy, (2XS) down there on the night, great to meet you, also did 3 runs. Nice front wheel skid! I no you wernt happy with your runs but dam id like to go that fast.
    Latool- far from normal

Just so everyone knows......our cars record lots of information that insurance companies WOULD LOVE to get their hands on.

This information came from Trevor Amery on the practice green at my local golf club.

He was the last CEO of Subaru Aust.

Quote Originally Posted by Latool View Post
    Yeah im really really impressed with my time actually. Considering i have never even been to a drag track to watch it was all 100% new to me. First run i pulled a 15.118, and won against my rival, a black SS. Second run i pulled 14.8 and won against my rival which is was one of the new green holden utes, not sure excactly what kind. On my 3rd i went against Dorian in the RX8 and totally wasted him with a 14.5. Im very happy, he claims he is bringing the GTR next time.

Saw Troy, (2XS) down there on the night, great to meet you, also did 3 runs. Nice front wheel skid! I no you wernt happy with your runs but dam id like to go that fast.
    Nice work!

How did you go with the launch?
    Slips?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast