User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay - Catback exhaust MPS6

Default Ebay - Catback exhaust MPS6

Hi guys I found this today

Stainless Performance Exhaust KIT CAT Back 05 MAZDASPEED6 2 3L Turbo 66091 | eBay

Spoke to the guy in US and seems legit and confirmed with him that postage is indeed $60...

I also confirmed that the exhaust is Magnaflow.

Maybe someone is interested or we can make a group buy?

:-)

u could probably get that made up here for the same .. also LHD / RHD fitment issues?

Where can I get that here with the same money?
    I dont think there will be any LHD/RHD issues as its cat back...Floor should be the same
    Last edited by jnin; 19-09-2014 at 10:14 AM.

There is certainly issues with brand name cat backs on the 3's
    Bumpers are bigger on usdm models, so it might stick out

I didnt know that about the 3's.
    I havent heard anything about the 6's either. From the pictures they look the same?

Keen where I can do the same set up with the same money in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    u could probably get that made up here for the same .. also LHD / RHD fitment issues?

Pretty sure you won't have any issues. $60 for shipping... Tempting but makes you wonder how long it would take to get here.

for $700 you could get a SS cat-back custom made in Victoria....or maybe $800....and you would be certain that it would fit, you could choose your mufflers, you could choose the sound, etc

My concern with that kit is the piping size, think it says 2.5"? Isn't that stock?

I am in Sydney. So postage will be included. Do you have anyone particular in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    for $700 you could get a SS cat-back custom made in Victoria....or maybe $800....and you would be certain that it would fit, you could choose your mufflers, you could choose the sound, etc

Quote Originally Posted by jnin View Post
    I am in Sydney. So postage will be included. Do you have anyone particular in mind?
    I only mentioned Victoria because i have had a quote made, from the "Classic & Custom Exhaust Factory" in Coburg North (no website, you have to call them or see them).
    BUT i would NOT recommend you get an exhaust made unless the person making it has seen your car, touched it, taken measurements, been able to speak to you face to face and is someone you feel comfortable with.

You have to live with the exhaust decisions you make....you dont want to be left hating the droning sound!

So my recommendations are to find someone locally (if you go down the route) and speak to them, see if they are worth working on your pride and joy (the car :P)
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

Yes thats true
    I ve heard people hating the 3" because its too loud. Given the fact that my car is a family car to I dont know if I want to go to 3". Also I find it hard to believe that someone will give me a custom made stainless catback system for 700 dollars in Sydney. @Fully6mps Magnaflow is 2.5" but all the way to the back even after the "Y" shape plus the mufflers wont be that restrictive where the stock after the "Y" shape I think is 2" or 2.25" (someone can correct me if I am wrong).

i have the y piece at the rear and mufflers changed . sounds good .. but was also done bfore buying lol

Honestly the stock mid pipe is fine. Look under your car - you will be impressed. Get the Y pipe and mufflers changed if anything.

15. Default

Thats actually a really good price. I got a few quotes in Sydney for a cat-back and they have all been around $700 for mild steel and $1100-1200 for stainless. That was for 3 inch into dual 2.5 inch though.

its ridiculous these prices if u think about it.. its just fkin metal lol

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    its ridiculous these prices if u think about it.. its just fkin metal lol
    Yea, that's why I didn't get one :P

Thats why I don't want to ask for a quote...It will be waste of time.
    This one is 2.5" all the way to the mufflers.
    Anyway I managed to get him down to 560USD including shipping. Anyone else interested? I will buy it
    Last edited by jnin; 20-09-2014 at 12:19 PM.

That's a good price! I wont have $$ for a while....so count me out. But let us know how it goes. Especially how it sounds

Damn that is indeed a good price. Good work!

I'm out though because all my money is going into VVT and timing chain replacement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast