User Tag List

Thread: Throttle Problem

1. Default Throttle Problem

I was driving on the highway when this all happened. The car just stopped putting down power and went full limp mode. I only reved up to 1000 revs. I had to pull over the side of the highway and wait for RACQ. While I was waiting I pulled up the code, and showed P2107 and P2108. I have already fixed this issue with buying a new TPS/throttle body. I took the car for a drive for around 2-3 minutes, everything was good until I was turning around to head up the street, and it limped again, but this time it was in limp mode again. This time it pulled up a P0122 code. Please help, as I am so confused what might be wrong again.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10708135_10153145508673029_465808416_n.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	16829  

I would check all the plugs, plug pins, and clean them with contact clean between the gas pedal and throttle body, maybe the wiring was the issue before and not the throttle body

3. Default

Thanks I'll have a look now

4. Default

Have checked all wiring and cleaned as well. Car still Limps

Reflash map/ reset ecu by disconnecting the battery for 30mins ish

Providing the TPS was infact faulty in the first place there may be a re-learn procedure to allow the ECM to recognise the new sensor or it may need to be reprogrammed to the ECM. The very first thing that needs to be done in the first instance of problem like this is check for a good
    Power(Voltage drop test), Ground, Then of course the signal getting back to the ECM!. This is where a good scan tool with a scope function is needed or a standalone oscilloscope.

Mitch