User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAZDA 3MPS- Turbo inlet, Sri, UPGRADED FP, turbo back exhaust, access port.

1. Default MAZDA 3MPS- Turbo inlet, Sri, UPGRADED FP, turbo back exhaust, access port.

Hi

I currently hVe the turbo back exhaust on my stock "13 mps 3. It is giving me cel. And yes I know why. I have just purchased HPFP, Sri, turbo inlet, access port. I was wondering because I have all the pArts except the HPFP would I be able to install the rest and tune it. Or should I wait?

also what tune would be best As I have had a look on forums and realised that installing a full exhaust prior to any other mods was a bad choice.. Because I wanna tune my car ASAP as I can't drive my car due to the fear of smoking my turbo As it's changed from a 2"5 to 3" and has no back pressure

any my tips appreciated as I am new to the mod world.

cheers

Tune car using safe mode map
    Install hpfp asap
    Get "stage 2" ots map
    Get proper tune and e85 (if available)
    Enjoy car

Also, tune won't cover smoking turbo... The turbo back exhaust will show that if it happens

Will you be paying a tuner for a custom tune or buying at least an OTS map from a reputable tuner?

The fuel pump can be tuned around by limiting boost but you are better off tuning after the pump is upgraded.

I would be more worried about an engine failure than the turbo seals with the TBE.

4. Default

I was planning on running safe mode until everything was on, I didn't know you could purchase maps from an actual tuner. So what would be best to be "safe" with the upgrades I have. Because I wouldn't really like to have an engine failure.

How do I prevent my turbo from smoking? Just limit boost from the AP?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFearx View Post
    I was planning on running safe mode until everything was on, I didn't know you could purchase maps from an actual tuner. So what would be best to be "safe" with the upgrades I have. Because I wouldn't really like to have an engine failure.

How do I prevent my turbo from smoking? Just limit boost from the AP?
    Can get a "ots" custom map from stratified tuning (0 revisions) or freek tune (1 revision)

I had a stratified ots map, and for a single map, it's pretty good

Run safe mode until you get fuel pump installed...

Only way to prevent smoking turbo, swap turbo... It's a flaw in the stock k04
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

6. Default

Just another 1.5k no worries. Haha this modding cars stuff is quite the chunk out of my savings. Sigh so there is no real other way to protect the stock turbo with a TBE?

Just another 1.5k no worries. Haha this modding cars stuff is quite the chunk out of my savings. Sigh so there is no real other way to protect the stock turbo with a TBE?
    Can raise idle a tad (to 900)... But otherwise, not much you can do...

It's a known fault with a crappy turbo...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Matt Damond Motorsports do a reduced oil flow banjo bolt for around $30US.

9. Default

Reduced oil banjo bolt, mate I'm sorry but I'm not really down with the lingo. Could you explain. haha

btw does AP lets you adapt idle/boost/afr after you import a ots map?

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Matt Damond Motorsports do a reduced oil flow banjo bolt for around $30US.
    Reduced oil banjo bolt, mate I'm sorry but I'm not really down with the lingo. Could you explain. haha

btw does AP lets you adapt idle/boost/afr after you import a ots map?
    Less oil = less smoke... Might mask issue, but not for long...

Download ATR once you have AP, and can tune it yourself... If you're up for it...

But changing idle is easy enough to do

11. Default

Oh and I forgot to add I bought a rear engine mount Aswell.

12. Default

So put it on safe mode until I get my fuel pump.. Then do I upgrade to stage 2 ots but decrease psi?
    And also will safe mode help with the possible smoking of my turbo or should I order that bolt and better seals?

thank you both for the help, it's great!

Why decrease psi with the HPFP installed? Just run the stage 2 OTS till you get bored, then get a real e-tune!

You have a 2013 build, so pretty new turbo. Might smoke, might not, but you will more than likely get a few years out of it before it does. There are plenty on here with TBE and stock turbos without smoking.
    And no, safe mode won't help one bit. Raise idle, if it starts to smoke, buy the bolt. If that doesn't work, then go full-on bug turbo crazy!
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

The safe mode map will just mean your fuel pressure won't crap out on you with stock internals and cause zzb

15. Default

Thanks boys, with stage 2 Ots, Sri, TIP, TBE, engine mount. What kW at the wheels will I be looking at?

bit off topic, wtf does the shifter weight and short shifter do, was looking at them on mps garage as that's where I order my stuff from

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Why decrease psi with the HPFP installed? Just run the stage 2 OTS till you get bored, then get a real e-tune!

You have a 2013 build, so pretty new turbo. Might smoke, might not, but you will more than likely get a few years out of it before it does. There are plenty on here with TBE and stock turbos without smoking.
    And no, safe mode won't help one bit. Raise idle, if it starts to smoke, buy the bolt. If that doesn't work, then go full-on bug turbo crazy!
    Is there a big difference between ots and getting a professional to do it? I mean like seriously noticeable difference?

uh, @TheFearx - have you ordered your stuff? Just search about mpsgarage here. You may want to change your mind about ordering from them

Is there a big difference between ots and getting a professional to do it? I mean like seriously noticeable difference?
    Yes. Have a read of a few of the blog articles here.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/blog
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Farrrrkk mate you are not gonna have a good time ordering from mps garage.

You can probably expect between 180-210 kw atw with stage 2 ots. A lot of variables in power numbers.

Look on edgeautosport.com for your parts and discriptions as to what they do/help fix etc. Go on jamesbaroneracing.com for engine mounts, short shifters etc. They have good quality stuff.

Have a read through other people's posts as much as you can.

I've been trolling this forum for 18months and still learning shit everyday

20. Default

I'm in QLD, Australia and mpsgarage is in NSW and first I ordered a air filter and it came within the week. I saw a few posts from like early 2013 and just thought it may have been bad management as I called the guy Daniel and he says he is running the show now and things have changed. Well I guess I'll see.

Thanks for the posts guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast