User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JBR Short Shifter

Default JBR Short Shifter

Hi guys, been looking at the JBR shifter and trying to figure out why it won't work for our RHD gen 1's. They say it doesn't work but how many RHD speeds do they have over there for r&d? I've looked at every photo I can and my car. They seem to have the same curves and angles etc. I asked JBR but didn't get any detail.

I'm keen on buying one to test it, $150us isn't a huge amount but would be mint if it worked with minimal modification.

What do you guys think?

I have also considered this for the 6 when (if) they ever release one. Got in contact with JBR and as you mention above, the main reason they can't list it as fitting RHD is due to the lack of RHD vehicles to test on lol. So it would take someone taking a punt and getting one to pave the way for the rest of us! Go for it lol. You could always try ask JBR for a discount on the basis that if it works there is likely to be a flood of Australian orders to follow
    AP V3 (Rayd tuned) / CP-E CAI / CP-E TIP / JBR Trilogy / CS Front Strut Brace / JBR SSP / JBR Shift Knob / JBR shifter bushings / Eibach Pro-Kit / Bilstein B8's / SURE Juggernaught / SURE Dreadnaught / Whiteline RSB / Toyo Proxes T1R 235/40/18 / Evo X BBS rims / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV / CP-E DP / CP-E TMIC / Autotech internals / Superpro bushings

Future mods:
    BT, DM OCC, EGR delete, Braided clutch/brake lines, Hawk HPS 5.0 pads, DBA T3 rotors....

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    I have also considered this for the 6 when (if) they ever release one. Got in contact with JBR and as you mention above, the main reason they can't list it as fitting RHD is due to the lack of RHD vehicles to test on lol. So it would take someone taking a punt and getting one to pave the way for the rest of us! Go for it lol. You could always try ask JBR for a discount on the basis that if it works there is likely to be a flood of Australian orders to follow
    I'm gonna buy one soon regardless, will definitely hit up for a discount. I love discounts.

Purchased!

Fingers crossed

just get one from 2xs ?

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    just get one from 2xs ?
    They are talking about a full shifter, not just a plate http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/sho...&cPath=279_280
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

whats the difference between plate and actual shifter?

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    whats the difference between plate and actual shifter?
    The shifter not only shortens the throw but is shorter in height, which is what I'm mostly interested in.

Yep, this mod actually makes the changes at the gear stick end and apparently reduces the slack which shift plates can't do

Is there an option out there for the 6?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Is there an option out there for the 6?
    They don't make the JBR one for the 6 but when I get mine, if someone in Melbs wants to bring their 6 round I will be happy to test fit it

Jbr teased a photo on facebook of something for the 6 but hasn't been an update for a while. Same with his silicon fmic piping kit, think he may be juggling too many new things lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    Purchased!
    Good to see someone giving it a go! I'd recommend you also get the reverse lock-out gate guide to go with it. When you pull the shifter out you'll see that the factory lockout gate is worn.
    - 2006 BK MPS 3 -

Quote Originally Posted by DD3 View Post
    Good to see someone giving it a go! I'd recommend you also get the reverse lock-out gate guide to go with it. When you pull the shifter out you'll see that the factory lockout gate is worn.
    Got that coming also

It's in and works perfect. Place your order boys

Thought it would

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    It's in and works perfect. Place your order boys

Nice work. Not try out the CS one too
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Nice work. Not try out the CS one too
    Dislike button needed lol. I've done my duty your turn.

Ha ha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast