User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Reedy's Engine Rebuild Bonanza!

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Mid by swas do you mean swas delete? Cause that was supposedly removed with my etune but I've heard that the Cobb swas delete is not very good.
    Yeah I know it was supposedly turned off, but it could still be SWAS kicking in. There is a bunch of threads on MSF where people had the same/similar issues where the car goes extremely rich and hesitates under partial or full throttle, even in a straight line or when strapped to a dyno, and it was SWAS.

If you really want you can just unplug it, or get a switch wired in. How to: Install a switch for SWAS enable/disable - Mazdaspeed Forums
    2005 Mazda 6 MPS: HTP 3.5" SRI – GTX3071R – Full Race mani – TiAL 44mm EWG – 2XS 3" DP – HDi FMIC – 3" SS CBE – AutoTech HPFP – CorkSport EBCS – Bosch 3 Bar MAP – TurboSmart BOV – AWR 88A TMM/PMM – JBR 80A RMM – KW V2 – NGK Iridium IX – Damond SSP – Work XT7

[08/09/2015]: Zoom Zoom Boom

Switching it off screws up your stability control tho doesn't it?

It all seems a bit unnecessary, when with my old tune none of this was ever a problem.

Switching it off screws up your stability control tho doesn't it?

It all seems a bit unnecessary, when with my old tune none of this was ever a problem.
    Yeah it will disable DSC too. Surprised you use it on the track though. Does it help or hinder times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Mazda 6 MPS: HTP 3.5" SRI – GTX3071R – Full Race mani – TiAL 44mm EWG – 2XS 3" DP – HDi FMIC – 3" SS CBE – AutoTech HPFP – CorkSport EBCS – Bosch 3 Bar MAP – TurboSmart BOV – AWR 88A TMM/PMM – JBR 80A RMM – KW V2 – NGK Iridium IX – Damond SSP – Work XT7

[08/09/2015]: Zoom Zoom Boom

It's a bit hard to say because you can't actually turn it fully off on my car. At the worst it keeps the car straight and has definitely saved me from a spin or 2 over the years. On the other hand it sometimes intervenes when you don't want it to but on the whole I don't think it hinders lap times at all

Updates!

I went down to Phillip Island on the weekend & the car went great, SWAS disable button is doing a good job, but that doesn't get away from the fact that this tune is kinda shit. For that reason I have taken the car back to Tunehouse for a re tune, now that they are Cobb dealers I have them doing it with the AP.

On Engine related news - My Valve cover Oil Catch Can actually caught something! Put that down to the fact that Phillip Island has more WOT than any Circuit i've ever driven, also a lot of very high speed turns which will be pushing oil all over the place while under high loads.

Still only a small amount.

Lastly: Here is a video of my fastest lap of the day. No track has left me buzzing in the same way Phillip Island has. Now I just can't wait to go back again.
    Last edited by Reedy; 18-11-2015 at 09:54 AM.

The Car keeps chugging along but I have been spending a bit more time on getting a tuning solution that actually does everything I want it to.

Tunehouse are now Cobb Dealers and are apparently the only factory trained workshop in Australia. My car is with them as we speak having a dyno tune done. I previously had an ECUTEK tune with them but since switching to the AP I have been looking for a reason to get back to being Dyno tuned.

There's definitely pros and cons to the different software, If you want a set and forget tune and aren't interested in changing maps then a Tunehouse ECUTEK tune is what you want. If you like having a handy little gadget that data logs and has the ability to store multiple maps then the AP is what you want.

Once I get my car back I will be able to comment on the results of ECUTEK vs AP. One thing that I can tell you is the AP does not do the SWAS delete table in the same way ECUTEK does. My initial AP tune has very poor throttle modulation at the racetrack, a problem that I never had with ECUTEK thanks to it actually deleting the SWAS table.

The Car keeps chugging along but I have been spending a bit more time on getting a tuning solution that actually does everything I want it to.

Tunehouse are now Cobb Dealers and are apparently the only factory trained workshop in Australia. My car is with them as we speak having a dyno tune done. I previously had an ECUTEK tune with them but since switching to the AP I have been looking for a reason to get back to being Dyno tuned.

There's definitely pros and cons to the different software, If you want a set and forget tune and aren't interested in changing maps then a Tunehouse ECUTEK tune is what you want. If you like having a handy little gadget that data logs and has the ability to store multiple maps then the AP is what you want.

Once I get my car back I will be able to comment on the results of ECUTEK vs AP. One thing that I can tell you is the AP does not do the SWAS delete table in the same way ECUTEK does. My initial AP tune has very poor throttle modulation at the racetrack, a problem that I never had with ECUTEK thanks to it actually deleting the SWAS table.
    I'd be very curious to see the difference in swas delete...

It's funny the comments about throttle modulation, as there is so few tables that control it... Suspect a lot of it is down to tuner preference, I do find ots to be the laggiest, then Stratified, then freek tune to be most responsive. Although I did ask for it to be a little more responsive... Either way, very keen to see what tunehouse do with the AP
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I'd be very curious to see the difference in swas delete...

It's funny the comments about throttle modulation, as there is so few tables that control it... Suspect a lot of it is down to tuner preference, I do find ots to be the laggiest, then Stratified, then freek tune to be most responsive. Although I did ask for it to be a little more responsive... Either way, very keen to see what tunehouse do with the AP
    The throttle modulation problems I have had are 100% SWAS related. After I press my SWAS disable button, the problem disappears immediately. The fact of the matter is ECUTEK can modify the SWAS table, but the AP can't even access it. Tunehouse guys said they showed the very table to the Cobb people themselves and they had no idea it was even there.

9. Default

The throttle modulation problems I have had are 100% SWAS related. After I press my SWAS disable button, the problem disappears immediately. The fact of the matter is ECUTEK can modify the SWAS table, but the AP can't even access it. Tunehouse guys said they showed the very table to the Cobb people themselves and they had no idea it was even there.
    Well hopefully Cobb will provide an update with the said table unlocked

They actually can disable it in 1st and 2nd gear, but they neglect the fact that there is still a minor torque limitation that also applies in 3rd gear. This is the cause of my problem.

11. Default

Yeah, i can see the check boxes for SWAS removal for 1st and 2nd Gear in ATR. Wonder why they havent got it working for other gears when the Ecutec can do it.

I think they just didn't think the 3rd gear restriction was enough to make a difference. On a stock tune this may be the case, but with my custom tune it is basically undriveable.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213