User Tag List

Thread: Questions relating to 2013 Mazda 3 NEO modifications

1. Talking Questions relating to 2013 Mazda 3 NEO modifications

Hey guys, new to the forum and it looks really nice .

I hope its okay for me to post about a non MPS Mazda 3 here, if not, let me know or move the thread if there is another section for standard Mazda 3's that I couldn't find.

I have a few questions regarding some modifications I am looking at doing in the future, and just want your opinion on a few things, and I also have a few questions on some of them. I am looking to do the following:
    Corksport Exhaust (http://www.corksport.com/corksport-p...m-mazda-3.html)
    Corksport Short-Ram Intake (http://www.corksport.com/corksport-p...-3-2.0-en.html)
    Mazda MPS 3 Gen II 18" rims with standard MPS tyre size.
    Then in the future some minor things like LED/HID lights, gauges etc.

I was wondering if you guys could give your opinions on the Corksport exhaust and intake, I will be purchasing the exhaust with a Racepipe and High-Flow Cat, and I have currently heard nothing but good things from both of them.

The only other questions I have is, will the MPS rims/tyres be a direct fit onto the Mazda 3 Neo? (No rubbing or problems)?

And also, I'm guessing because of the larger diameter wheels, the ride height would also be higher, is this true? Would you guys recommend the Corksport lowering springs for Mazda 3 (http://www.corksport.com/corksport-m...pring-set.html) to lower the ride height back to around stock height or a little lower with the new rims?

Thanks, any help and opinions would be appreciated .
    Last edited by Statiqz; 01-09-2014 at 12:19 AM.

Lower profile tyres compensate for larger rims. I seem to remember when they first came out the MPS 18's were a very tight fit. I would consider SP25 17" wheels and tyres as a safer and cheaper and more comfortable option. There is a recent thread in 20" wheels with links to tyre size guides.

I like Corksports stuff but question whether the high cost of importing is worth it for a non turbo car. Any good exhaust shop can custom fit what you want.

Finally look on eBay for Aussie made King Springs or call Pedders for a price on theirs.

If you want to improve handling as well as lowering, bilstein shocks + king springs are highly recommended by many in here (and probably not much more expensive to install than springs alone?). Also, there are some painted gen 2 rims for sale atm...

I honestly dont think it is worth spending the money on an intake for a non-turbo. Studies (that i dont have the links for) have shown that the stock air boxes for most cars are fine at getting the required air into the engine. Perhaps if you want to hear the air (like i do) going in, then maybe go the cork sport (which i have).....but at the end of the day, if you're getting an exhaust you probably wont be able to hear the air intake really anyway. Save your $$ and just do an exhaust, rear (and maybe front) sway bar, maybe some springs and shocks like the others are suggesting too.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

7. Default

Thanks for all the replies guys! I ended up buying the painted Gen II rims off Peter hahaha, couldnt resist and they looked so nice for a good price . Just have to save the cash and put some 225/40 R18 tires on them now which unfortunately put a bit of a hole in the wallet
    I was more wanting the intake for what you said wsDKII, the sound and looks, but any increased performance will be a bonus .
    I don't wanna go too deep with the mods as of yet, for a few reasons; I don't have the money to do it all at the moment, so will just start with intake, rims and exhaust, and also, the car is still under warranty, so I don't want to run into too much trouble with Mazda. I have sent them an e-mail about modding the car and they said whatever you change, will be at your risk. If there is any problems with anything you installed, or the things you installed cause something to not work properly, or break something, it will not be covered, however, the everything else will still be covered under warranty. Which is fair enough I think. Might look at springs, shocks and swaybars etc after the warranty is gone.

Thanks for all the help again guys, appreciate it .
    Last edited by Statiqz; 04-09-2014 at 01:08 AM.

With your warranty its like this:
    Change your springs and shocks and your engine blows up, your covered.
    Change your intake and your engine blows up, your screwed.
    If in even the slightest way Mazda can link a fault to a modification, thats when your in trouble. But if the mod has absolutely nothing to do with the fault, Mazda has to warrent it

yea under warrenty i would leave engine and bolt ons etc alone. do your wheels and springs etc and enjoy