User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just installed AP stage 1 tune... cars feels like snail...

Default just installed AP stage 1 tune... cars feels like snail...

Hey peeps,

just recently got the AP and loaded the stage 1 OTS SF+TIH+98 tune to the car and I'm not feeling the hype that I'd expect from it.. now maybe it's because I just had the HPFP installed and was asked to baby the car for around 100-200km to run it in.. But something doesn't feel right and the LTFT is going nuts in the -ve...

I've drove the car for only about 50km's or so now and I do see the LTFT coming down abit but it still doesn't feel right when i put my foot on the gas.. any insight?

Mods are SURE TIP + sure aeros SRI only.

first log is on the way to work, 2nd is on the way back

Cheers guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Probably just due to the fact it's more linear than before... So it's not as sudden with the power...

Do a 3rd gear WOT log from 2500-6500 rpm...

Seeing as you so have a hpfp, a stage 2 map MAY work better...

At the end of the day, the best thing would be a proper tune

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Probably just due to the fact it's more linear than before... So it's not as sudden with the power...

Do a 3rd gear WOT log from 2500-6500 rpm...

Seeing as you so have a hpfp, a stage 2 map MAY work better...

At the end of the day, the best thing would be a proper tune
    Does the LTFT look normal tho? I haven't gone WOT yet coz I saw on cobb that the hpfp needs around 200km to run in? Hence y I'm just using ots maps at the moment.

The stage 2 maps notes says u need a TBE or RP? or it doesn't matter as long as I have the hpfp?

Id make sure you don't have any boost leaks, (make sure all SRI hoses etc are nice and tight) and if nothing changes then you just need a good maf cal once the LTFT are stable 100+km.
    Race pipes are cheap and easy to install and will let you run S2 fine

just went for a run and ltft still around -13%.. car doesn't wanna boost either and got a kr reading at one point which I actually logged. Gonna log when I get home..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KR of <1 is usual when the turbo spools. If you can eliminate any boost leaks, then you can calibrate your tune to your intake which will put your LTFT closer to 0.
    A full WOT log in 3/4th gear to redline will let the gurus here see if anything is out of the ordinary

it was actually 7.9 kr. Gonna do as u say and do a wot 3rd omw home later

7.9? Fark! Id watch KR like a hawk and if it keeps going that high something is wrong. Be careful doing logs if you are still getting nock like that.

maybe I'll reflash to safe mode until I can check all connections to the Sri.

I recall the kr was when I let off the throttle in 4th gear going down hill.

ok so this is the datalog for the knock.. can't say I did anything too crazy, just part throttle with low rpm now apart from the seriously off LTFT I can't see why the knock was so high...

this is another knock even after I reflashed into safe mode on the way back home

That looks horrible! I'd sort that out before driving it any more. What fuel are you using? The car was warmed up right?

It's partial throttle knock, nothing to be overly concerned with... But, I'd say you have something rattling in your engine bay, or you have an exhaust leak...

Knock of 7.9 is false knock... On Cobb maps the "Max" it's allowed to go to is 6.0

i get that knock reading as well...have seen 8.0 once or twice over the last couple of days. but never really over 4.0.

Iv only ever seen mine go up to about 2.5-3 part throttle, never as high as 8 :s

yea i looked at the ap and immediate thought was ! havent seen it that high since thankfully

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Iv only ever seen mine go up to about 2.5-3 part throttle, never as high as 8 :s
    i've seen 7's when shifting gears and yeah, bit of a "holy sh!t, what's wrong???" moment...

also, my MAF cal's have knock of 5.95 from 3200-3800rpm, at which point it disappears even with a E20 mix... so, pretty certain there is something in the engine bay, or an exhaust leak... (happened when i was BT as well, think it's my DP)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    That looks horrible! I'd sort that out before driving it any more. What fuel are you using? The car was warmed up right?
    I'm using BP ultimate 98. It's fully warmed up aswell... when i saw the 7.9 I was like ..

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    It's partial throttle knock, nothing to be overly concerned with... But, I'd say you have something rattling in your engine bay, or you have an exhaust leak...

Knock of 7.9 is false knock... On Cobb maps the "Max" it's allowed to go to is 6.0
    I did a minor service the other day, so in theory everything should be healthy... unless it's the new hpfp playing up..

gonna check all hoses and revert back to stock tune and see if things go ok. I'll report back.

19. Default

Any reason your using the SF OTS intead of the SURE v1/v2 OTS map?
    Flash the right ots. The sure maps are under archives.
    Also check the sure maf housing. V1's the glue comes apart from the air straightener..v2 also has glue issues.

Quote Originally Posted by creole View Post
    Any reason your using the SF OTS intead of the SURE v1/v2 OTS map?
    Flash the right ots. The sure maps are under archives.
    Also check the sure maf housing. V1's the glue comes apart from the air straightener..v2 also has glue issues.
    Very good question.. y didn't I use the SURE OTS? lol.. I'm such a noob! I didn't actualy see it there... I'll try that later! btw, what's the difference between V1 and V2?

I just came back from a drive after checking all the hoses to the TIP and SRI and reflashed it to the stage 1 stock intake tune and the car felt sooo much better! I must have installed the wrong map before T__T..

but here are the log for the stock stage 1.. no more knocks and trims are much better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast