User Tag List

Thread: Timing in MAP not matching logs

1. Default Timing in MAP not matching logs

Hi guys,

I have my AP installed and after running stg1 cobb/stratified maps I was seeing some minor KR at both low load and sometimes on higher load. I have been slowly making some changes to a base stg1 cobb map in ATR and have reduced timing in a few of the areas where KR was happening.
    After viewing logs with changes made to map I notice that the logged timing is lower than the demanded timing from the High Load O/L no knock ignition table.
    I have checked the compensation tables such as BAT & ECT and the temps when logs were run are not high enough to lower than timing.

I am using BP98 fuel so the ECU is not pulling timing due to low octane table.

I have attached a couple of screen shots showing ATR Map setting and a recent log.

Hopefully I have missed something simple in ATR but if anyone can assist me that would be greatly appreciated.

Gen 2 MPS3, only mods to date are AP + JBR SRI. No HPFP yet watching pressures like a hawk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Log file Map Rev 4 - timing not matching demanded.PNG 
Views:	120 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	16664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ignition Table screen shot HT no knock.PNG 
Views:	112 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	16665  

your ECU will always run the timing map which contains the lowest values, you're probly running a different map in the "knocking" table i imagine.

make all your timing maps identical and it will solve your problem

and rest assured the ECU will still pull timing when KR occurs.

3. Default

Thanks Rayd, that does seem to match better and I will adjust the ignition tables accordingly, I also assume this is the case for the Low throttle C/L tables.

Cheers Simon