User Tag List

Thread: Buzzing sound when I turn key to start/on position in ignition

1. Default Buzzing sound when I turn key to start/on position in ignition

Hello all,

I have a really annoying buzzing sound like an old computer fan when I turn ignition on (car still off). All the electrics and everything seem fine, I'm wondering if it's the fuel pump. Ive owned the car for 50 000km now, and I know this is defiantely a new noise. My car has just been serviced and I believe he must of disconnected the battery or something as the clock was reset.

I also noticed that my driver side window doesn't automatically go up when I press the window button it requires me to hold it for the duration.

I have a mazda 3 mps 2008. Any thoughts guys, would really appreciate it!

I get the buzzing noise as well when I turn the key in my Gen1 MPS3 to the on position so its the fuel pump.

with the window bit, just search here. I can't remember the exact details on how to fix but searching it here or on Google if you include ozmpsclub in your search should easily get you to the correct thread

Quote Originally Posted by mech81 View Post
    I get the buzzing noise as well when I turn the key in my Gen1 MPS3 to the on position so its the fuel pump.

with the window bit, just search here. I can't remember the exact details on how to fix but searching it here or on Google if you include ozmpsclub in your search should easily get you to the correct thread
    As above, it's most likely it's the in tank fuel pump...

And either search the forum or read the owners manual...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

To fix window just lower the window and hold the button down for ~5 seconds, then raise the window and hold the button for ~5 seconds, then lower the window and hold the button for ~5 seconds.

or something like that.

My car has the same sounds (goes for ~1 second), usually the fuel pump priming.

5. Default

Thanks guys much appreciated!