User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS 2007 - MRT/HPF Power Kits

1. Default Mazda 6 MPS 2007 - MRT/HPF Power Kits

Hey guys,

I'm a total noob to modification when it comes to MPS's, I've previously had a WRX (200kwatw) and sold that and just bought myself a 6 MPS - chose 6 instead of the 3 mainly because of the AWD nothing else.
    Now I'm looking at putting some money into it to get it going a bit quicker then it currently is, had a look around the net at the MRT and Horse Power Factory power kits which go between $3,000 - $7,000 which give between 30 - 50kwatw....has anyone installed/got one of these kits done? is it worth it??

My MPS is stock as a rock atm.

cheers guys,
    Nick

MRT = massive waste of money... You should know this coming from a WRX, aren't they hated with a passion on rexnet?
    HPF = not much better

You can "build your own" kit for about $2000 + shipping

In terms of power:
    Intake ($300)
    Fuel pump internals (400)
    Access port (750)
    Test pipe (250)
    E-tune with e85 (300) will get you 95% of the power a stock turbo can give...

Edit: should end up with ~210kw at the wheels, with a fat torque curve
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 25-08-2014 at 03:19 PM.

3. Default

Yes they are, but I thought it might be a bit different with MPS's lol

Quote Originally Posted by nixta View Post
    Yes they are, but I thought it might be a bit different with MPS's lol
    When Brett claims every one else is wrong about something that's been proven multiple times, I'd say no, they aren't

Here's his latest effort: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18119
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

5. Default

Yep that confirms it lol
    So, have you got any links for the parts?

Go to edgeautosport.com or send them a PM here and ask for a deal. You should research the different options available so you buys the right parts for your power goals the first time.......I didnt haha

Have a look at the FAQ link in my SIG, you'll find plenty of info there

8. Default

So many optionss :/
    I've got around 2.5-3k to put into it, hopefully I'll find something that is reliable and will get me to 200kwatw

Quote Originally Posted by nixta View Post
    So many optionss :/
    I've got around 2.5-3k to put into it, hopefully I'll find something that is reliable and will get me to 200kwatw
    What SarcasticOne said for your first $2,000.

If you want to avoid the hassle of blending your own E30 ethanol/petrol mix, then check out the BNR S3 turbos at BryanNicholsRacing.com, these bolt up like a stock K04 but produce a lot more top end power. Probably just blown your $3k budget by a little bit though. ($1300US +$130US freight).
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

10. Default

Im getting intake, downpipe, TIH, plugs and a tune. Hopefully get over 200. End goal is 230 but not sure how ill get there.

Be sure to check diff and engine mounts. They are prone to breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fever View Post
    Im getting intake, downpipe, TIH, plugs and a tune. Hopefully get over 200. End goal is 230 but not sure how ill get there.

From MRT?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Fever View Post

I've got a TIH forsale I the fs section if you want it, will match up with most Sri's
    Last edited by 1CMS1; 02-09-2014 at 09:30 AM.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    From MRT?
    Not a chance in hell haha.
    I wouldn't let them near my car if they worked for free! I tried them once and they ****ed my gearbox (long story for another thread).
    Plus they add 20kgs to your car in unwanted stickers.
    Last edited by Fever; 05-09-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    2005 6 MPS - Cobb AP - Auto tech HPFP internals - CorkSport RMM - 3inch ceramic coated downpipe - SRI - TIH - FMIC - Oil Catch Can - RayD tuned. 190kw@wheels, 410nm, 20psi.