User Tag List

Thread: 2007 Mazda MPS rattle noise

Default 2007 Mazda MPS rattle noise

Hey guys

Have owned my MPS for almost 6 months now and loving it, been reliable and never had a problem with it.

I have noticed when you rev the engine from about 2000-3500RPM it has a funny hissing/rattle noise coming from the right side of engine. not too sure what it could be it seems to go away higher on in the revs.

Not getting any louder or anything, i can usually hear it when im driving up against a wall or something...any ideas on what this could be??

Cheers guys

Have you change your engine mounts (any of the 3) yet?

Nope..have not changed any mounts yet. Probably should though being that my car is just ticked over 100000kms

Check your VVT too while you are at it...

dont like the sound of that...sounds expensive haha

By 'right hand side' do you mean in front of the drivers seat, or right hand side when you pop the bonnet (in front of the passenger)? If the latter, could just be induction /turbo spool noise before it gets drowned out by the exhaust. Does it only happen when on throttle?

It is on the right hand side while sitting in the drivers seat, so the left hand side when you pop the bonnet. it is deffinitly not induction noise...i will try get a video up of the sound. makes it both under load and no load

Sounds like the drivers side engine mount. Mine exploded and made a mess on that side of the engine lol