User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about a tune.

Race pipe bolts on after the O2 sensors, so no issues.

AP>Hypertech if you want to make any future modifications or get a custom tune.

You can get an AP from edgeautosport.com they are vendors on here.

Just received my AP! was gonna go down and flash the car with an OTS map while I wait for the HPFP to be installed at the weekend possibly.

I do have a question tho about which map to use tho... I have SURE tip (standard issue) + aeros (standard issue) and in the map notes section I see Sure aeros V1 and V2.. so i'm not really sure what version I have, any ideas on that one b4 I flash ecu?

or should I just use the stage 1 safe map instead?

3. Default

Either which way you go, just remember its not going to see its full potential of the map until your have done 50-70 kms, i was also told not to give it shit during these kms (even though i did until i was told not too) once i had completed the "Run in" KMs the car was so much quicker.

Might be a good idea to use the Cobb Dyno function then you can compare before and after, also i found out the dyno outputs don't work in virtual dyno, you must log the correct parameters and then pull a 3rd or 4th gear run then upload this data log into virtual Dyno.

Hope i didnt confuse you haha.
    2007 MPS6 - Cobb AP (Tuned by RayD ~ 160KW / 331NM ATW)
    CP-E Engine & Diff Mount
    JBR Solid Shifter Bushings
    Whiteline Rear SwayBar
    Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by dropped View Post
    Either which way you go, just remember its not going to see its full potential of the map until your have done 50-70 kms, i was also told not to give it shit during these kms (even though i did until i was told not too) once i had completed the "Run in" KMs the car was so much quicker.

Might be a good idea to use the Cobb Dyno function then you can compare before and after, also i found out the dyno outputs don't work in virtual dyno, you must log the correct parameters and then pull a 3rd or 4th gear run then upload this data log into virtual Dyno.

Hope i didnt confuse you haha.
    for the heads up about the run in. I'm gonna use the stage 1 map with tih+intake and monitor hpfp closely just incase things blow up :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Corksport TMIC | Autotech HPFP internals | HTP 3" | 2XS Test pipe | CPE Injector Seals | CPE S2 RMM|

5. Default

I recommend you dont f&*k spiders and contact @Rayd, ive only so far had one map revision from him and its so much better already!

lol will do! just waiting for Hpfp to be installed.

you guys think it's worth it to get the catalyst for the racepipe or just go without? I mean what are the differences? the high flow catalyst from corksport is more than the pipe!

Just go without...

Also, look into m2 and obx race pipes... They're a bit cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Just go without...

Also, look into m2 and obx race pipes... They're a bit cheaper
    Thanks! I'll go have a look

Corksport TMIC | Autotech HPFP internals | HTP 3" | 2XS Test pipe | CPE Injector Seals | CPE S2 RMM|

10. Default

The cat is just for emissions. If you get the sniff test you it will help you pass. Going without will not hurt anything. Like said above, if you want an easy power gain then go for the RP and get the DP when you want more more power, quicker spools and better throttle response.

I passed an engineering cert with a catless RP so it's unlikely you would have any troubles.

thank you guys for all the input, it gave me a clearer picture of what mods I want on the car now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12