User Tag List

Thread: MPS Gen 2 - CEL P0172 - Bank 1 Rich

1. Lightbulb MPS Gen 2 - CEL P0172 - Bank 1 Rich

Hey Guys,

I am having this come up every now and then, which I thought was relating my boost issues & cutting out. Now that was all sorted and this has persisted.
    The funny thing is it seems to come on during idle in traffic after driving for about 15 minutes. I havent noticed any loss of power or any extra smoke out the back so I'm at loss.
    I cleaned my air intake, and MAF still coming up so I'm reaching to you guys for some help!

I dont know how I would go about logging it happening because it happens at random times, is there anything else I could log to help.

Thanks in advance.

Can you log LTFT? I bet it is very negative and steadily rises before the issue happens.

I has a similar issue with my SRI occasionally, after long drives. Fuel trims would get steadily more negative until it threw a CEL (I think it was the same one).

3. Default

Will log LTFT would that be for the whole ride untill it occurs?

nah, just log it like a MAF cal... ie, go from idle, shift into 2nd and slowly accelerate up to the top of 2nd... should give us a good idea of your LTFT's
    only other thing i can think of is massive boost leak

5. Default

Here you go with the logs second gear to as close as redline as possible
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yep, you need to do a MAF cal. See your LTFT? Should be at least +/-8 or ideally +/-2. Yours is like 16. This is about the threshold for throwing a cel.
    Easy fix though

7. Default

I'll Google it up thanks lachlan

i just feel i should say... for a (first time?) MAF cal log... you did a bloody good job!
    otherwise, as @Lachlan said, need to fix up your fuel trims, and it should help that issue!
    although, that you have -20% at 0 throttle, makes me think you possibly have a boost leak...

10. Default

Lol thanks man beginners luck maybe? Will look for a boost leak again I'm still going through the videos and all this stuff

11. Default

Hi Guys,
    Sorry resurecting this thread, can someone check my logs for the knock retard, should I be worried, i got stage 2 OTS from COBB.
    Also working on the STFT as I changed intake.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagiv View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Sorry resurecting this thread, can someone check my logs for the knock retard, should I be worried, i got stage 2 OTS from COBB.
    Also working on the STFT as I changed intake.
    That's fine
    Sub 1 isn't worth worrying about
    If you're really worried, cut 1* of ignition from 2500-300rpm
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 12-01-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

13. Default

Might be the stiffer rear engine mount playing it's role. I might make a spreadsheet to automatically calculate the LTFT compensation. I'll post it tomorrow. Or something it may help noobs like me so we don't have to calculate it. Also looking at the voltages I get random changes in small gaps. Wonder what's happening there