User Tag List

Thread: Hypertech mods...

1. Default Hypertech mods...

OK so I've installed mods from the Hypertech, first go I had; removed throttle restriction 0-60, changed Rev Limit to +200 RPM, Top speed +25mph (40km/h?) and selected K & N Typhoon cold air intake. That's not the same as a Pod Filter and SRI, is it, but I need some sort of mixture alteration to avoid highter EGT's and lower AFR's as read in Hypertech's site.
    I have a K & N pod and short ram intake pipe. Is there a better, closer option than that, in the menu?
    Anyhow, the car would not rev past 3000 RPM, lower in higher gears, ignition dies then picks up at around 2200 RPM, weird!
    Could it be that the computer thinks 25mph is the speed limit for the vehicle?
    So I stopped, returned rev limit to stock, returned top speed to stock, and there's no problem.
    Throttle limit is obviously still gone and no issues throughout the rev range.
    I would try upping the rev limit again and avoiding the speed limit parameter, but before I do, I CONSULT!
    Any similar experiences?

Yep, sound to me that you set the speed limit at 40kmh

I'd reinstall it, just leave the rev limit and speed limit stock...

There is almost no point going past 6500rpm (6700 is stock limit) and I doubt you'll ever get to 250kph...

Pretty sure the k&n typhoon is the same size as the sri... So shouldn't matter...

Edit: just saw that the rev limit was lower in higher gears, yeah, speed limit was definitely set to 25mph
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 14-08-2014 at 01:32 PM.

4. Default

Cheers guys. Yeah the options in speed limiter don't actually say PLUS 25mph, just 25mph, 30mph etc.
    I agree rev limiter is pointless, but I figured maybe upping the rev limit could up the boost range? Nah.
    Last edited by Locomotivator; 14-08-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Nope, stock turbo is out of puff by 5800-6200rpm... After that there is very little point staying in a gear...

Also, as a FYI, people usually look down on "racing" stories... It got a bit ridiculous at one point when people started claiming impossible wins (ie beating twin turbo v12 Mercedes)

We don't condone street racing, so I'm hoping that was done on a closed course

As above.
    And 230=207 real km/h.
    Speedo's are on average about 10% out

7. Default

Closed course, yes indeed. Private airport.