User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Koni/Bilstein Shocks and Springs Group Buy!

im down for b8 shocks (yes) + eibach ( maybe )
    delivered syd or melb

Hey guys,

I have a 6 and interested in getting in on this. However I no speak suspension and don't have a clue.

So my questions are how much or will these lower my car and how much stiffer are these set ups over stock.

B8 are built for lowred car. Eibach will lower by 30 mm (to my knowledge) please correct me if wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Fi5h View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a 6 and interested in getting in on this. However I no speak suspension and don't have a clue.

So my questions are how much or will these lower my car and how much stiffer are these set ups over stock.
    Well, according to the website (not trying to be funny), they state "30mm front and rear" Pro Kit Buy suspension from Eibach including adjustable suspension and automotive coil springs.

Although according to some people, you can get less then that - although you do need to account for the fact that over time the springs will set in.
    look at this forum post: How-to: Install Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs - Mazdaspeed Forums

In terms of how much stiffer they will make the ride, well from what i have read and seen, a bit stiffer - especially around the corners, but for normal daily driving you wont really notice much harshness. They seem to be (with the Bilstien B8s) the best combination for someone who wants 'confidence in the corners' and a lowered look. Also note that by reducing the height of your car, you will of course lower the center of gravity and thus be able to roll a bit less around the corners as well.

Finally, you should note that apparently with 4 adults in the car, you may scrape over humps if going quickly....so be careful
    Last edited by wsDKII; 19-08-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

5. Default

Hey guys,

Good answers to this question above. Basically, it will be noticeably lower and stiffer over stock but its not uncomfortably so.

6. Default

Updated op to add skeetskeet even though he is a maybe on the springs. We need at least one more person for the 3 set discount. If we get 3 more people, we can do a deeper discount!

Alright sounds good to me. I'll be chasing Bilstein B8 + Eibach Pro.

Can i get a shipping quote to Qld Biloela 4715 please.

Also thanks for that @wsDKII and @skeetskeet. Was awesome help.
    Last edited by Fi5h; 20-08-2014 at 08:27 AM.

@cletusb - you want in on this group buy as well?

9. Default

Added Fi5h to the list! 3 down 2 to go

@EdgeAutosport.com any chance of a shipping quote to 4715?

11. Default

@EdgeAutosport.com any chance of a shipping quote to 4715?
    Looks like it will be about $180 for shipping to that zip. And that is for shocks and springs.

I'm after a set of Bilstein B8 for Gen2.
    How much are we looking at for just the shocks now zip code 2148, I'm in sydney and happy to split shipping with someone and do pickup.
    I'll be putting them with Corksport springs that are already on the car, I'm assuming they work fine together as well?
    Last edited by Sintrix; 23-08-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    @cletusb - you want in on this group buy as well?
    Sorry not for me, have 3 sets of springs (gotta decided on what I'll use) and a set of B8 in the garage already lol

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Sorry not for me, have 3 sets of springs (gotta decided on what I'll use) and a set of B8 in the garage already lol
    I thought you collected springs??
    lol haha.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

@EdgeAutosport.com - With this group buy are you also able to source some bushes or control arms (with ball joints) for the suspension of a 2007 MPS 6? I'm thinking I should swap these out at the same time as the rest....

Bilstein B8 + Eibach Pro for MPS 6 is soo tempting!

Is shipping still in the $300-$400 vicinity as per OP? I'm in Melbourne - 3085. Would be happy to combine shipping with someone if anyone else was local?

Currently a tentative yes for a set of the Bilsteins without springs. Should have enough when i'm paid next tuesday.

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    @EdgeAutosport.com - With this group buy are you also able to source some bushes or control arms (with ball joints) for the suspension of a 2007 MPS 6? I'm thinking I should swap these out at the same time as the rest....
    We certainly can add that to the group buy and get you guys a discount. Post up if you are interested in SPC Adjustable Ball Joints or rear camber arms. We'll cut you guys a deal on those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritCrusher View Post
    Bilstein B8 + Eibach Pro for MPS 6 is soo tempting!

Is shipping still in the $300-$400 vicinity as per OP? I'm in Melbourne - 3085. Would be happy to combine shipping with someone if anyone else was local?
    Shipping to Western Australia will probably still be up there but I think we are going to be able to get a better deal with DHL because of how much we are shipping and it will be more like $200 for shipping instead.

Alright it looks like we may have reached the 5 limit and will be able to do the better price. You guys that are in the group buy, send me a PM with your shipping address when you get a chance and I'll get you all shipping quotes.
    Last edited by EdgeAutosport.com; 27-08-2014 at 01:12 AM.

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sintrix View Post
    I'm after a set of Bilstein B8 for Gen2.
    How much are we looking at for just the shocks now zip code 2148, I'm in sydney and happy to split shipping with someone and do pickup.
    I'll be putting them with Corksport springs that are already on the car, I'm assuming they work fine together as well?
    $715 for just the struts for Gen 2. Want me to add you to the list?

20. Default

I encourage EVERYONE who wants new shocks/springs to go the Bilstein/Eibach combo... they are great!

Rolling on B12's, it's a combo of above in one package. I think they're B8's with a small lowering (15-25mm drop, basically one key fob width) with very minor changes to daily driving.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast