User Tag List

Thread: Exhaust tips

Default Exhaust tips

Has anyone changed just the tip or tailpipe finisher on MPS3 gen2? Are the stock ones welded on? I thinking of changing the tip with larger diameter outlet and possibly with burnt titanium finish.

I have the same thinking here.. But on my 6.. I hate the look of tiny tips inside fake ones

Someone selling their gen 2 recently had, I think maybe muzza?

You can get any exhaust shop to cut the factory tips off an weld tips of the size an style you like on.
    Budget around the $200 mark for the change (including the price of the tips)

5. Default

Im also thinking the same for my gen2. Ive currently plastidipped my tips black because they look so puny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Someone selling their gen 2 recently had, I think maybe muzza?

Yeah I did.
    Mine were a rolled and angled edge and were a 4" diameter.
    Was chasing a stockist look but something which filled out the moulded outlets.

Bryan @ Exhaust Innovations in Capalaba, Brisbane suggested rotating them to suit both the left to right curve of the bumper aswel as the top to bottom curve of the bumper. Worked a treat.
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Got generic tips off EBAY and gave it to the exhaust shop when they did a resonator delete.

8. Default

Looks tits. HOws it sound with res delete ?

Quote Originally Posted by creole View Post
    Looks tits. HOws it sound with res delete ?
    Slightly more deeper and louder, but if you want a decent increase in volume then perhaps look at an after-market axleback or catback exhaust (depending on your budget).
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

My old setup...