User Tag List

Thread: Will Regular Mazda 6 headlights fit an MPS?

1. Default Will Regular Mazda 6 headlights fit an MPS?

Hi guys, searched for the answer but couldn't find it. Do you reckon regular Mazda 6 headlights will fit into the mazda 6 MPS? I'm betting yes because it has the blanked third hole that was apparently a fog light on the regular 6.

I ask because the ones in at the moment are so far gone no amount of wet sanding will bring them back, I want to do a complete rebuild with better HID's, ballast, Projector lens, maybe a subtle DRL. Regular 6 housings are MUCH cheaper to buy than MPS ones. I'm not worried about the lack of black either as they will be painted.
    2006 MPS 6 - prettyful, but stock under bonnet.

I wohld think they would fit. Maybe try going to a wrecker and get a busted one to test fit. What projectors u planning on fitting?

3. Default

Still trying to decide at the moment.

I stumbled across this the other day
    Retro-Quik: Mazda 6 (02-08)

I want to try and make a quad projector setup, either replacing the existing high beam with a projector, or utilising the blanked off hole and keep the high beam halogen - just replace the bulb with something like philips diamond vision. i'll have to jump onto photoshop and see what it would look like coz in my mind the projectors would be either too close together or too far apart :/
    2006 MPS 6 - prettyful, but stock under bonnet.

have a read of this thread. looks like lots of good info
    The Official 6Crew HID Information Thread - ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

oh one more thing to double check is the beam pattern as the LHD will differ to RHD. make sure you can get the proper beam pattern
    Last edited by lup15; 18-08-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Apparently they fit but they look terrible because of some sizing issues. There was a thread about this on our FB page. A snippet is attached below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	505 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	16631

Curious I never really considered the differences. Good info to know.

Also pfft fb page