User Tag List

Thread: My car got T-boned :((

Default My car got T-boned :((

Hi guys,

Some of you may know that my car was involved in a collision at a intersection recently. To keep the story short, I was going through an intersection and a lady collided with the rear passenger panels at a moderate speed, enough to move my vehicle sideways a bit. I believe she was not paying attention at all.

The reason of this post is get some opinions in relation to getting the car fixed to the previous condition. I am with progressive direct and my experience is being reasonably okay. They asked me to take the car to the below panel beaters:

Network Auto Paint & Panel
    14 Brunker Road
    Chullora

As I don't have any say in this, couple of guys suggested me to take the car to the forum trusted repairer and obtain a comprehensive quote stating what needs to be fixed( I am willing to pay this service). From there on, Take the car to the 'preferred' repairer and make sure they fix all the issues. What you guys think?

Wow!! 90 views and not a single reply..

People probably came in to reply and then got distracted by your signature.....

If you don't mind paying it's worth a go but would be better to fight with insurance to get a preferred repairer.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

@sarcastic0ne

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Wow!! 90 views and not a single reply..
    i know I did...

Great signature. I got distracted. Do homework on repairer. If you don't feel comfortable demand your own choice.

Thanks guys, I'll have good read of pds and go from there..

Cant hurt to get multiple quotes. Prices and workmanship can vary alot

I had some work done by SFP Bodyworks recently and was very impressed. They're based in Roseberry.

That was a minor job that I paid for privately tho. But either way, very happy with the results.

11. Default

That sucks on the accident Gurusev.

The repairers nominated by the insurance company has warranty (by the insurance company) but if you take it to your own, you will have to deal with it privately if the repairs is not done properly.

might be worth while to get the full list of repairs required from your repairer and submit it to the insurance company

I use to handle escalated matters directly with the insurance ombudsman and seen clients comeback to us because who they elected were crap and they wanted the insurer to get involved.

they got burnt in the end and the insurance company wiped their hands as it was the clients choice

my 2 cents worth

Could you get a list of the repairers that your insurance company uses and pick the one you like the most from there?

13. Default

Just a little update. My vehicle got assessed by the preferred repairer and he tried scheduling my vehicle on 21 September!! As I'm going away I told them I can't do it.

I then spoke with progressive direct rep who gave me couple of more options in relation to the repairer namely Gary Flynn smash repairs and Bodyline motor body repairs. Has anyone heard of em??

Gary Flynn are able to assess the car tomorrow and book it in a weeks time.. So that option sounds better to me..

Body line ring a bell for some reason.. Nfi why I'm a qlder in WA