User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sway bar link pins Gen 1 MPS 3

Default Sway bar link pins Gen 1 MPS 3

Had my gen 1 MPS 3 in for a major service the other week.

I mentioned that it is making some knocking noises from the rear and I was advised that the sway bar link pins need replacing. The fella at Mazda said I'd get more value with aftermarket parts as official are quite expensive.

Do the words "sway bar link pins" make sense to anyone?

Do any of the parts on this page make sense?

MRT Performance Vehicles

Hey mate. I'm assuming that's 'end links'. @RedDjinn has done lots of testing with these. I think corksport ones worked the best in the end. Other options I know of are whiteline and moog.
    Do you have an aftermarket swaybar or are you lowered?

Seems MRT like to call them Sway bar link kits.
    We usually call them sway bar end links.
    Search that and your find plenty of information

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Hey mate. I'm assuming that's 'end links'. @RedDjinn has done lots of testing with these. I think corksport ones worked the best in the end. Other options I know of are whiteline and moog.
    I have busted all but what i have in now, have had them in since posting.
    I have has OEM, Moog, Corksport + more all failed. These have lasted the longest by far and no noise yet.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I'm all stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyamazing View Post
    I'm all stock.
    Lame! Ha ha.
    I'd take this as a good opportunity to upgrade your sway bar (makes a world of difference and is easy) and install the new end links at the same time.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

I just bought those Luke. They good?

Quote Originally Posted by MissJody View Post
    I just bought those Luke. They good?
    They have not failed

Lame! Ha ha.
    I'd take this as a good opportunity to upgrade your sway bar (makes a world of difference and is easy) and install the new end links at the same time.
    Any recommendation?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyamazing View Post
    Any recommendation?
    Whiteline is good and local (I'm running one of these). Jbr and corksport also make good ones it seems. You can find info and reviews on these easily by searching the web.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Whiteline is good and local (I'm running one of these). Jbr and corksport also make good ones it seems. You can find info and reviews on these easily by searching the web.
    Thanks.

No worries

Can also vouch for those Mitsubishi ones, I have had them for 8 months and still running strong, should make a link to those endlinks a sticky on here.

@RedDjinn @MissJody @1CMS1

How are those endlinks going? still strong? I bought some but yet to install. They look like a bit of a pain to install because one end only has the ball joint. Also did you tighten the top thread as tight as possible. So basically compressing the 2 rubber inserts as much as possible until the nut is tight as can be? Don't want these things to clunk around!

Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    @RedDjinn @MissJody @1CMS1

How are those endlinks going? still strong? I bought some but yet to install. They look like a bit of a pain to install because one end only has the ball joint. Also did you tighten the top thread as tight as possible. So basically compressing the 2 rubber inserts as much as possible until the nut is tight as can be? Don't want these things to clunk around!
    The rubber will not last long. RedDjinn and I are using beefier replacements which seem to be holding up better. Search for his for sale thread he had going to find the exact part.

The install is easier than it looks. Rotate the sway bar down, attach the new endlinks to the sway bar then rotate the sway bar back up. Nice and easy.

All in all I think they are a very good replacement, and cheaper too

Ah yes, I found the thread. I am not sure which ones to get out of these 2.

Superpro Mitsubishi Express Delica 1986 2007 Front Sway BAR Link Bushing KIT | eBay

Mitsubishi Express Delica 1994 2007 Rear Sway BAR END Link Bushing Superpro | eBay

This first link is the one you guys have. The second link state they are the rear end link bushings but no photos. The other ones are for front sway bar end link bushings.. I have the links on now and are great for the time being. The links are so much more stiffer than stock ones!

Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    Ah yes, I found the thread. I am not sure which ones to get out of these 2.

Superpro Mitsubishi Express Delica 1986 2007 Front Sway BAR Link Bushing KIT | eBay

Mitsubishi Express Delica 1994 2007 Rear Sway BAR END Link Bushing Superpro | eBay

This first link is the one you guys have. The second link state they are the rear end link bushings but no photos. The other ones are for front sway bar end link bushings.. I have the links on now and are great for the time being. The links are so much more stiffer than stock ones!
    Get the first one's, You will be able to sell the spare ones on here like Redjinn did also.

I'm after sway bar end links for my 2007 mps 6.... Any thoughts on that? Was going to go stock. ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast