User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone running E10 fuel in a DISI motor?

Default Is anyone running E10 fuel in a DISI motor?

I have been reading up all the threads about E10, E85, variation between US and Oz fuels and RON ratings etc.

The issue is next month I am going to get my CX7 Stratified tuned. I am going to get an E30 (blended E85) map for high performance.

I am also going to get a basic map for daily driver use or for when I can't get E85 (while travelling for instance). I normally run 98 octane fuel and this would logically be my daily driver map.

I am considering whether to try E10 fuel as an alternative. While it is normally rated equivalent to 91 octane it may actually perform much better in a tuned urbo car than a normally aspirated one (by cooling BATS).

Has anyone tried running E10 in a tuned or stock MPS?
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

91 octane e10, no...
    P100 e10 from united, yes...

95 Ron would be better than e10 91... If the fuel is so crap that the addition of 10% ethanol still only gives it an octane rating of 91, guess how bad the other 90% of it is...

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    If the fuel is so crap that the addition of 10% ethanol still only gives it an octane rating of 91, guess how bad the other 90% of it is...
    Yes I was thinking the same, unless it is underrated and actually performs better than 91 ULP.

Thanks, I knew about United 100 but hadn't done enough research to realise it was a E10 blend.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Even if they did use good 91 as a base and added E (and I bet they would advertise it if this was the case), it would boost octane by what, 2? 3? Still <octane than 95 and way less than 98. Knock city.
    You could do an econo tune specially for it, but I doubt it would work for much power.

Thanks for the replies.

I think that settles it my base tune will be for 98 ULP.

It will be almost as much of a hassle to regularly get United 100 as it will be to get an E30 blend for special occasions.

That's my plan too

I have an e85 station less than 1km from my house

Bastard! Iv gotta drive to Fyshwick!

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Bastard! Iv gotta drive to Fyshwick!
    You're up near belco aren't you? There's a caltex in gold creek with it

Edit: do have to go to Fyshwick for p100 tho fortunately, only need to fill up every second week at the moment
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 07-08-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Really? I didn't even know caltex did it. I have training near there, so that's perfect. Are they they the ones who shut off the pump on you though? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Really? I didn't even know caltex did it. I have training near there, so that's perfect. Are they they the ones who shut off the pump on you though? Lol
    Yeah, they are but they get to know you... Eventually... And caltex has changed their pump system, so you have to wait for just over a minute after pumping e-flex before you can put in 98... Used to be able to swap instantly from one to the other...

On the plus side, both fuels are available at the same station...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

That's a pain, but I can probably wait a minute. They have p100 at Amaroo if you are ever that northish. That's what I'm running most of the time now.

Caltex E85 varies during the seasons though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Caltex E85 varies during the seasons though right?
    Their website says so but check out this recent thread where it was discussed a bit.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...r-combo-9.html

15. Default

You will get terrible fuel economy when using E85!

I get 200km per tank 50/50 e85 mix .

Quote Originally Posted by Danikaka View Post
    You will get terrible fuel economy when using E85!

I get 200km per tank 50/50 e85 mix .
    I ran e20 (so, 25% e85) back when I was running a 3071 and could get 11-12L/100km pretty easily...

At the end of the day, worked out about 5c/100km more expensive...

17. Default

How much did you get per tank though ?

How much did you get per tank though ?
    Averaged pretty close to 350-400 before my light came on, at which point it was 45L to fill up... That's over 18 months...

19. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Averaged pretty close to 350-400 before my light came on, at which point it was 45L to fill up... That's over 18 months...
    Serious?

Man I get about 200-220 with 50% E85

Serious?

Man I get about 200-220 with 50% E85
    You're running lots of E though (why?). I went from 13.5-14 to a steady 15.2 just going from shell 98 to p100 and that's only 10%e
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast