User Tag List

Thread: New owner of mazda 3 mps 2009 Luxury

1. Default New owner of mazda 3 mps 2009 Luxury

Hi all
    Recently bought a mps just looking for ideas not looking to do major mods just small stuff. Would like to see what others are doing.
    Car has only done 66k. In great conditionion couple of scrapes on the bumper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0006.JPG 
Views:	230 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	16545

Welcome mate, nice colour combo. Please do some reading and have a look through some build threads etc to get answers and ideas before asking. A lot of spoon feeding to other newbies lately, I'm sure your to old for that lol

Welcome!

As above, look at some threads and pictures to see what you like. Every1 starts somewhere, small or big.

Welcome. Car looks great. 2013 wheels?
    As above, just do a bit of searching and reading and you will find all the info you need

Welcome mate.

So aesthetics? Mild performance boost? Handling? What's your poison?

Try these shops... http://www.edgeautosport.com and www.corksport.com both are forum sponsors.

Best bang for buck performance upgrade is a COBB Access Port. For about $700 it will give you some extra zoom zoom, they're made for stock or modified cars.

After some extra sound, do a cat back exhaust upgrade. Wont do anything for power, but you will love the sound. Look for Corksport, Cobb, UR or speak to @2XS, our local fabricator in Brisbane, does some very nice stuff like intakes, suspension, exhaust..

If you you want to lower it a little, bilstien B8 and King Springs are a good combo. Or Look for Koni FSD for a more compliant and sportier ride on stock height. Very popular change.

Did I mention intakes? look for SRI, again made by Corksport, Cobb, again @2XS

Rear Sway Bar and Rear Engine Mount swaps are a must. Should have mentioned that first.

Anyway, good luck.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Welcome. We are having a catch up at port side Thursday night at 7.30 come say hi and have a chat

Rear sway bar, rear engine mount are "must do" IMO

An access port goes a long way, and the hpfp upgrade helps keep your engine happy

Else, welcome

8. Default

Hi thanks for the welcome as for wheels I'm not sure they were on it when I bought it probably looking at handling more than anything else thanks for the advice will have a look through the build threads.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MissJody View Post
    Welcome. We are having a catch up at port side Thursday night at 7.30 come say hi and have a chat
    Hi sounds good will try to get there.

Nice ride. Just purchased a BL luxury myself on tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by MissJody View Post

any links on this or info?. Im new to qld
    torque steer.

Quote Originally Posted by DYL 000 View Post
    any links on this or info?. Im new to qld
    It is an event on the mps torque facebook page.

But the details above are what's going on.

7.30 portside under ground car park
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Thank you !!
    Im new to qld, be good to see some rides.
    ill add that group now

cheers

Looks like Tristans old car.
    I could give you info on how much it was modded.
    haha, I painted those wheels many years ago now.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Looks like Tristans old car.
    I could give you info on how much it was modded.
    haha, I painted those wheels many years ago now.
    hi there yes I think that it may be the case any info would be much appreciated. Thanks I did think the wheels had been painted but wasn't sure.