User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MAZDA 6 MPS problems you have had, warranty fixes

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    Sorry guys - I didnt read the MPS3 titled thread.

Without being rude, I have no real interest in MPS3 issues and I'm sure most MPS3 drvers dont care about the MPS6 issues...would it be possible to split the two treads out so that you guys dont have to trawl through pages of diffs and PTO cases that plague us and we dont have to know about the wooong-woong etc...

I just think that as we are such a specific forum, it wouldnt hurt to have a model specific area?

Please?
    Stickied and compiled problems from the 3 thread cut and pasted over.
    Im happy to let you have your own thread, as long as your happy to compile them to the top post

When I get some spare time ill start copying over the 6 related posts.
    Last edited by Jmac; 15-06-2009 at 10:19 AM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Build NOV 05

1. Original tyres bald at 9,000km. Replaced by dealer at their expense as good will gesture after Mazda Australia refused liability. Ongoing tyre wear issues as a result of inability to maintain wheel alignment settings. (not yet fixed)
    2. Left rear axle sheered at inner CV. Replaced.
    3. Rear diff whine began around 15,000km. Went away by itself around 50,000km.
    4. Resonant vibration began around 30,000km. Replaced diff coupling and tail shaft. Trialed different wheels/tyres and diff oil. (not yet fixed)
    5. Hesitation when throttle opened. Replaced HPFP and O2 sensor. Still waiting on agreement to replace wastegate solenoid. (not yet fixed)
    6. Clutch TSB undertaken at my request.
    Last edited by kmh001; 15-06-2009 at 10:41 AM.

Gone to Volvo

Build 07

1. Engine mount break -Replaced

2. Alarm faulty, unlocking doors but not disarming - replaced

3. Rear drivers side tail light, Bugs in it and starting to get misty water - Part on order, not yet replaced

Can I ask a bit of a daft question? My 6MPS is relatively new (approx. 9300k's), and I'm not very, well, mechanically inclined. Do you have to first notice a problem and complain it to Mazda before they'll fix it, or do they automatically fix it if/when they pick it a problem when you bring in your car for its regular service? Also, should I be concerned about the diff whine (from abt 70kph to 80 kph) that seems to plague the 6MPS's?

Don't be concerned about the diff whine. They all do it and it's not a sign of imminent failure. You could ask for a new diff, but the new one will start to whine after a while so there's no point.

With most other faults you need to complain before they do anything. It's only the software updates that are likely to be done routinely.

Alrightie then, next question - again, for someone ignorant like myself, how easy is it to diagnose a problem? Are the problems pretty self-evident, or do you have to know what to look for and where to look for it?

7. Default

06 Build

1. Passenger door courtesy lamp kept on blowing - fixed under warranty many times now ok
    2. Driver side rear light housing started bronzing on the inside - fixed under warranty
    3. CEL re purge valve - ECU update finally fixed it.
    4. Smoking exhaust after dump & second cat removal. Replaced second cat and no longer smoking.
    5. Clicking passenger seat belt clamp - replaced under warranty
    6. Squeeky driver's seat - car out of warranty so turn the stereo up...

Notwithstanding the above, I love my car even after 48K kms.
    06 6MPS Radiant Ebony Luxury
    Car sold and dearly missed

Quote Originally Posted by Q-ship View Post
    Alrightie then, next question - again, for someone ignorant like myself, how easy is it to diagnose a problem? Are the problems pretty self-evident, or do you have to know what to look for and where to look for it?
    If you see something listed here you can check, if its not annoying the crap out of you and the car is driving as it should dont worry too much

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Q-ship View Post
    Hey Q-ship, best diagnosis (someone correct me if I am wrong) from what I have found for cars is if:

a) You start hearing noises/vibrations/rattles that are not normally there or sound like something mechanically is not right
    b) You can see visible oil leaks or smell oil (my case with the transfer case oil)
    c) Your car does not perform as it should, rough idle, hesitation, poor performance
    d) Oil/coolant use
    e) Smoke
    f) Sticky or slipping clutch

or anything out of the ordinary, then call your service dept and ask them to check it out.

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Chris
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Q-ship - welcome.

There are plenty of usefull people on here who are more than happy to help you out. There's no such thing as a daft question - so ask away.

Jim

EQ, I have copied the previous issues into the first post along with some details. It would be great if you could compile things to the first post when things are added (as this will get pretty long), I have also removed some of the crap.

Chris (shakespeare) and myself can help out.

@ Q-ship, If you have any worries create a new thread (in tech talk) and we can discuss the potential issues and help you out

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Awww, shucks, you people are far too kind...

The 6MPS is the first performance vehicle I've ever owned, still trying understand the mechanics of it all, what's normal and what's not...after all, I can't tell if something is abnormal without first knowing what's normal, right?

Oooh, 1 more thing - coming up to my 10000K's service, do the Mazda service people automatically change the oil, or do we have to ask them to? Does anyone know what oil they use, and whether it's any good? Getting it done at Jason Mazda in Osborne Park, for those in WA...

There's a table in your owners manual that shows which service items are scheduled at each service. Oil and filter is changed at every service so you don't need to specially request it. The type of oil used will be whatever the service manager at your chosen dealership decides.

Ask what oil they use. If it's fully synthetic that's good. If it's not I would recommend leaving 6l of quality synthetic oil in your car and tell them to use it instead of their dino oil. If they don't agree to use the oil you supply go somewhere else.

Gone to Volvo

Side Engine Mount replaced today and it now feels as if the engine is attached to the car again and the gearbox is backinthe right place.

HOWEVER, there is a still a really annoying minor vibration through the clutch, enough to give pins and needles after a 30 minute drive.

Mazda techs cannot feel the vibration, its present at idle and more noticable at about 2000rpm. Any ideas?

And, as Mazda cant find a fault, where do I go now?

Blog Entries

Side Engine Mount replaced today and it now feels as if the engine is attached to the car again and the gearbox is backinthe right place.

HOWEVER, there is a still a really annoying minor vibration through the clutch, enough to give pins and needles after a 30 minute drive.

Mazda techs cannot feel the vibration, its present at idle and more noticable at about 2000rpm. Any ideas?

As someone said to me recently.... SELL IT!!!
    2009 VW Passat R36 - 220KW of German engineering.
    EQ - "I must admit, having driven Simons Passat, I was simply....impressed, very impressed. My flat cap and whippet, old man jokes are definalty put back in the kit bag."

Any rattling noises from the clutch?

Possibly thrust bearing/pressure plate and Maz not wanting to go through dropping the box off?

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Stickied and compiled problems from the 3 thread cut and pasted over.
    Im happy to let you have your own thread, as long as your happy to compile them to the top post

When I get some spare time ill start copying over the 6 related posts.
    I'll try and move some of these Jmac (I moved mine), will start from the oldest first in case I don't finish and you want to take over

Moved the 6 MPS problems posts from the 3MPS thread over (that thread was becoming very long)
    Thank you all for your input and thanks Jmac for starting the cleaing
    Last edited by shakespeare; 19-06-2009 at 11:58 PM.
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Apparently there's one wastegate solenoid in the country and if I'm lucky it will be installed in my car next week. Fingers crossed it has the same effect it had on Simons car.

19. Default

Did I read somewhere on here that someone did have a squeaking drivers seat replaced under warranty, because mine squeaks

20. Default

Squeeky seat, that was me... and unfortunately my car is out of warranty. It drives me nuts! Sounds even more squeeky on cold mornings.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast