User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MPS 3 Gen 2 Nose dives / cuts out on WOT

1. Default

Hey sarcasticone did you happen to get a chance on comparing the logs?
    Today I was going downhill and I booted it and it didn't cut out it did the next time I tried it I'm soo confused I didn't have ap with me logging this time though

*scratches head*

that's really weird... are you certain that is a stock turbo? cause despite WGDC going down, your boost stays high...

there is 2 things i'd like you to do...
    firstly, plug your AP in and set ignition to "on" without turning the engine on... what does it read? should be 0.00 (or very close to that) you are dropping to -12.5 to -11psi which seems rather low to me (should be -10 to -8)... makes me think you have a different MAP sensor, so, you're not actually pushing lots of boost, you're just reading it wrong

The second thing to do (if the above reads 0) zero out your wastegate table, (so have everything as 0) and run a log... that'll give "spring pressure" which should be about 10psi...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

3. Default

I'll double check turbo tomorrow I am not too sure. I'll do the rest as soon as I can.

4. Default

Ok... where do I start..
    I plugged in the ap on reds and it was 0.06. I popped the bonnet to look around and found the culprit with my boosting issues. It was a frkn manual autosmart boost controller tucked and hidden away. I will remove it and put the normal map back on to test. The good news is it looks like the turbo is fairly new.

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagiv View Post
    Ok... where do I start..
    I plugged in the ap on reds and it was 0.06. I popped the bonnet to look around and found the culprit with my boosting issues. It was a frkn manual autosmart boost controller tucked and hidden away. I will remove it and put the normal map back on to test. The good news is it looks like the turbo is fairly new.
    yup, that'll do it...
    let us know how it goes now!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

6. Default

Boosts holds under 17 w00t. Turbo is 'new' according to old owner. Hpfp coming soon! Silly guy didn't mention boost controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407328476506.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	16586

Nice find. So, is the boost-cut all gone then?

8. Default

Yes holds steady through all Rev ranges. Thanks for everyone's help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407360997486.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	16587

Just in case you weren't sure how it all went back together
    That extra line goes to the intake...

Friggin hate mbc's on stock turbo...

10. Default

Excellent got that all the lines and found my intake nipple too! Thanks for everyone's help!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannagiv View Post
    Excellent got that all the lines and found my intake nipple too! Thanks for everyone's help!
    Woohoo glad it's all sorted out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12