User Tag List

Thread: Accessport v2 vs v3

1. Default Accessport v2 vs v3

So lately I've been doing my research and thought it'd be best to grab an AccessPort so I can keep my eye on things and get a picture of what my new MPS's health is like.

So this afternoon I noticed Just Jap sold AccessPorts. On my way home from work I decided it would be easier to just buy local so I ducked past and picked one up.

Wasn't until I got home I realised it was a v2

I'm never lucky with purchases with little rational thought; didn't even think to check. Grrr.

My question is should I take it back and buy a v3 or should I just settle for a v2? I don't think they're very generous with returns.

Main reason I want a v3 is so I can monitor boost, oil pressure and knock all at once - as I do a lot of highway miles in 5th and 6th and KR is supposed to be at it's worst just getting off the highway I thought it would be best to be able to keep an eye on these.

But if the v2 does the same job with logging, flashing etc I might just stick with it.

What are everybody's thoughts?

Cant comment on the differences (Im interested to know the diff as well), but Im sure theyd let you trade in the v2 for a v3 if you havent used the AP yet. Specially if the V3 cost more, which means more money for them anyway.

3. Default

They don't have any v3s as far as I know. Or do you mean COBB?

COBBs protocol is 50% off of a v3 which would end up costing me $900 overall...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They do exactly the same thing tune and logging wise

Just the screen is different...

If that worried, pick up an ultragauge

5. Default

I'm not that worried but I'm a bit cheesed that I could have a v3 for the same price.

Might attempt to take it back Monday and see what they say

If price was even in the ball park region of a V3, V3 for sure!

7. Default

Yeah it was $650... At that price I thought I'd be getting a v3

As mentioned above they do the same job, biggest advantage is that the v3 is far superior for live data monitoring if you plan to do that, it's screen is light years nicer, bigger and in color with up to 6 live monitors.

Best comparison I can think of would be looking at the screen of a samsung galaxy s5 vs an old Nokia with the black text and back light.
    Last edited by Mspec; 03-08-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Take it bacl v2 price is 300ish used and v3 is 650 delivered new...

10. Default

Read through Just Jap's TOC... No returns unless faulty. Looks like I'll have to live with the v2 or see if Cobb will take a BNIB back on goodwill.

I thought Australian Consumer law allowed returns of that nature, especially as you intend on buying a more expensive model.

If they told you it was the v3 or 'the latest model' or somehow led you to believe it was, then you could under ACL, but not just because you overpaid for it. You can still try though