User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I afford an MPS 6 or am I dreaming?Please Help! I am being seduced !!

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Testing my memory but the luxury pack on the 6 adds only three things

1: (semi?)Leather seats
    2: Sun roof
    3: BOSE speakers

For me when I was looking at two different MPS 6s my decision was easy as the non-luxury had lower ks and better service and...

1: I don't really care for leather seats getting hot in summer etc
    2: Had a car with a sun roof, never used it except for once when I transported a bumper bar and the only way to fit it in the car was to have part of it sticking out of the roof lol
    3: I ripped out the stereo with an aftermarket system

I didn't feel the leather pack really adds a real amount of luxury to the car, or maybe better put doesn't adds to the enjoyment.

Maybe I'm just not refined enough haha
    I'm a sucker for leather in a car I think... :P
    But yea, to the OP I think that at the end of the day the difference is personal pref and you're getting the same car from a mechanical sense.
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

I don't know if this will help your decision. When new Mazda charged around $5k for their luxury packs. Now with years of depreciation the cost difference between models is probably down to $1k and age, condition, km's and service history will have a bigger impact on what you pay.

Also seats and mirrors were heated on the CX7 luxury pack. Not much use to me in QLD. I still have no regrets about my cloth seats and NOT Bose stereo.

theres a 6 for sale in QLD 13 K modded check MPS torque page on facebook

Thanks for the feedback, I've heard that the Bose system is not really that great/loud/basey, and in Queensland a sunroof is only really useful on hot nights, heated seats are not a real draw, but the leather trim is still tugging at me. I just don't want my current VTI to drop it's guts before I get the extra coin together for a decent example with leather, plus I'm desperately impatient
    I will check out/join the facebook group MPs Tourqe to check out that 13K example.
    Thanks again.

Thanks for putting me onto the facebook resource Skeet, now I've lost 5hours to the blue peril.
    there were Two cars, unfortunately both with 190,000km. One of them with 174KW ATWs, and apparently very good condition and well cared for, I am tempted, but I was hoping this car would last me the next 5-7 years, and 190,000ks just seems like tooo many, I can afford it with money to spare, but 190,000ks

Any feedback as to whether I should inspect the 190,000k MPS6 would be appreciated

No one has really figured out how long these engines will last if you avoid throwing a rod

190,000km is up there, close to 25km a year so I would only consider if it had a very good service history. Bonus if the VVT has been fixed already or has ZERO signs of VVT issue

This whole process of MPS searching is enveloping my entire being, I just can't seem to focus on the rest of my life, I keep wondering if I stop checking for update on Carsales.com.au and Gumtree fro a day then everything will level out, then ten minutes later there I am again looking at the same ads that were there moments ago, and I'm disappointed all over again

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    No one has really figured out how long these engines will last if you avoid throwing a rod

190,000km is up there, close to 25km a year so I would only consider if it had a very good service history. Bonus if the VVT has been fixed already or has ZERO signs of VVT issue

• Radiant Ebony, leather, 190000kms, intake, tune, Tein coil overs, vvt and chain done 10000kms ago, ac compressor just replaced and regassed.... $10 000

• ME:How concerned should I be about the millage? I know there are some dogs that have only done 90,000 though. And with the tune, how did that affect fuel economy, some reports have stated tuning improved it others not so much ?

ME: also what it the condition of the body and the drivers seat? body "looks" great in the picture

HIM: Yeah it's getting up there, but runs like a trooper, hence why I'm attached, owned it almost 7 years.
      Fuel economy is great.
      9.3/100kms .650kms to a tank, all hwy driving.

Bodys great, give it a detail and it'd be perfect.
      Seat, mild wear

ME: What kind of power do you think it's putting out with the current tune?
    • Him: Last dyno was 176kw at the wheels

Just to give you an Idea

This @70DDD ?

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    This @70DDD ?
    Yes By the looks of it that is He

- - - Updated - - -

it's a small and sometimes slightly embarrassing world is it not?

Haha yerp that's me ... @studiovape go to the members ride section if you wanna read more about my car, there's a thread on it there.
    You can also ask a bit on here, a lot of people know my car.
    Cheers Todd.

Quote Originally Posted by 70DDD View Post
    Haha yerp that's me ... @studiovape go to the members ride section if you wanna read more about my car, there's a thread on it there.
    Cheers Todd.
    Thanks Todd,
    I've got to go out now, but will check out the thread later today.

Cheers Todd.
    Wow Todd, that's quite a tome, on the MPS.
    Looks like it's had a interesting life aquireing those Ks, but been loved, and you've put in what you've taken out and some.
    A true testament to you as an an owner.
    I will give it some serious thought.

Cheers Todd.
    I would definitely like to come see it.
    Message incoming Todd
    Last edited by studiovape; 29-08-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Well Todd,your pm inbox is full so I have emailed you and facebook messaged you.

Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Well Todd,your pm inbox is full so I have emailed you and facebook messaged you.
    That's what she said lol.
    Yeah I haven't received anything yet.

Box emptied

Box emptied
    Pm Sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12