User Tag List

Thread: Cold Air Intake Installation

1. Default Cold Air Intake Installation

Hey Ya'll,

I am thinking of getting the...CORKSPORT Stage III Power Series Cold Air Intake...

I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone is kind enough to answer..

Firstly, can I install it myself?

Second, because this will change the ratio of Cold air in the ECU should i get a tune? Or will the ECU automatically adjust to the differences?

I dont wanna screw up my car with this.. just want to improve the sound and get a bit of extra kick. This is the first mod on my '06 MPS3.

Thirdly, if not corksport are there any other reputable brands for this type of mod? Corksport seems to be great for MPS..?

Thanks in advance!

Madds

most of the answers are on their site, or a quick search on ours would result in the same, not being a dick but for future reference I have caught myself writing a post and its already been covered.

install should take about 30 min roughly with basic tools, ecu will be fine but to properly get power out of it you'll need a custom tuning map, from a workshop retune or a accessport or similar

there are heaps of other brands, troy spedding on facebook is in prototype phase of making his locally i believe, not sure for a 6 but it'll be in the works
    theres also JBR, COBB, HKS if you want to spend ridiculous money, and there are heaps of different throttle inlet pipes (TIP) around too for if and when you want a bigger turbo etc
    a quick google search will find you most of your results but otherwise people mostly use Mazdaspeed, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Honda, Nissan, VW, BMW, Hyundai, and more Performance and Aftermarket Parts | Sport Compact and Tuner Aftermarket Performance Car Parts
    08 BK MPS3 Sports Pack
    MCA Blue Series coilovers | Corksport 2.5' TIP | Corksport RMM | SuperPro RSB | Delica RSB endlinks | Muffler and Resonator delete

Yes, you can install it yourself

No, it shouldn't change AFR's, as it's the same size MAF housing

I wouldn't bother with the cai part tho... Barely does anything, except add extra stress for you when it's really wet

4. Default

You wont need a tune for to use it, you will need a tune to maximize the efficiency of it intake. The CAI with the TIP will net the most power. If your in a climate that sees a fair amount of moisture you its a good idea to remove it in your rainy season and just run the SRI. Super simple to do. You will love the sound! This kit coupled with a few other bolt-ons will really wake up the 3