User Tag List

Thread: EGR Delete no CEL

1. Default EGR Delete no CEL

Hi there,

I have recently used the "15 second EGR delete" method by disconnecting the cable etc. as per the DIY post on our forums.

I have noted however that I have not triggered any CEL.
    I do have an AP but have not disabled any CEL's (unless they were disbaled by default, which i doubt).

Considering this should trigger a cell, I am wondering whether it is possible to tell if the procedure actually worked correctly?

Cheers,
    Disco

When I did mine it through out the corresponding CEL which I later disabled using the mazdaedit software.

3. Default

My "problem" is that i didn't get a CEL, which is odd. It is making me wonder whether it actually worked or there is an additional problem causing the CEL not to occur

I've just installed the JBR block off plate on the weekend and I haven't had any CEL come up either, i think some cars might just be a little more sensitive than others maybe??

5. Default

gen pooh?
    Gen 2 cobb ots maps have one egr code pre disabled, but you will need to disable the second egr fault code. gen1 may be different. Pull your map and check if you're really worried about it.

I just had the JBR block off plate and a coolant bypass done on the weekend too and I haven't had no CEL either.

Got mine to install over the next few days.. Bought it coz it was cheap like the budgie... Is it really worth installing? Can it be used in conjunction with an OCC?

any pic for a noobi on which cable to disconnect for EGR delete?

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    any pic for a noobi on which cable to disconnect for EGR delete?
    Find picture instructions from someone selling an egr delete kit

Use this to locate egr

Pull plug
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I tried the free version of the egr block off and on the first start no cel. But after I turned the car off and on again it came on. But I ended up doing the block off plate anyway lol