User Tag List

Thread: Adding factory Bluetooth

1. Default Adding factory Bluetooth

Hi Guys,

Searched and found nothing on this....

Has anyone added the factory bluetooth to their MPS?

My MPS6 2007 did not come with factory bluetooth, do i need to replace the stereo with the version that came with bluetooth? or is there a bit more to it? (pretty sure my head unit isnt bose)

Cheers
    Dropped

are you adding bluetooth for music or cellphone?
    coz im looking at this for mine
    Mazda Bluetooth for iPhone | Android Kit | USB Adapters | GROM USB2+
    its quite an easy install, plug and play just need to run the wiring where you like...

Wow, those GROM ones are ridiculously expensive. gtacarkits' one comes to about $180 shipped, thats with ipod/aux/BT connections, xcarlink ends up being slightly dearer.

There's also a bunch of super cheapo options on ebay, if you like to live life on the edge.

4. Default

If someone can tell me if it is the factory stereo that has the BlueTooth receiver in it or not, then i can pretty much guess that i need to replace the stereo with a factory bluetooth model.

Im not willing to change the stereo for anything else bar another factory model.

As far as I know they didn't come with bluethooth as factory standard... The newer models have rho

These adapter kits are very simple install... You don't have to remove anything in order to install

Somehow I don't think any MPS6 came with Bluetooth from factory. I have the GROM unit, which works reasonable well and was easy to install. You do need to remove the glovebox however (you can do so easily without tools), in order to reach behind the head unit, where you plug can it in.

8. Default

Ahhh I must have been lead a stray..... Thanks for the info guys!

will look into the grom.

also check out xcarlink and gtacarkits then, significantly cheaper and likely do the same thing.